Good choice of materials, materials and colors, is the starting point for the design of a bedroom similar to a luxury hotel suite. In this context, “Sadaty” from the architect, interior designer and CEO of IFA Interior Design Company, Saima Ahmed Al-Mansoori, looked at specific points to make the bedroom luxurious and comfortable, simulating spending time in a five-star hotel.
Modern design for bedrooms
Modern design features associated with the luxury bedroom design include:
Use wood panels (or wallpaper) to cover the walls.
• To adopt the neutral or calm colors of the room, such as the shades of blue in general or any other color that expresses the personality of the occupant of the room.
• Refrain from choosing furniture and large accessories with ornaments, as in the classic style.
• Maintenance of the ceiling or (the fifth wall), as the engineer Al-Mansoori called, and the floors.
• Pay attention to the way in which the furniture is distributed, in a way that benefits as much as possible from the void, especially the place where the bed, the most important piece in the bedroom, is received.
• Achieving consistency between the room’s equipment, including the bed and its accessories, cupboards, tables, cupboards – if any – the bathroom and the sitting area. In this context, Engineer Al-Mansoori says that “the designer must find suitable solutions for anything that can create a feeling of discomfort in the place, such as bypassing the height of the ceiling by adding a long headboard that helps visually to reduce its height, and focus on balancing the space. ” And she adds that “chaos is absent in the hotel room as there are no unnecessary items on the table or side tables,” pointing out that the secret of convenience that hotel units carry in the same gas may be due to the acceptance of neutral or earthy colors or shades of gray, away from bright colors;
Stay tuned for more: Buyers in Luxury Contemporary Home Accessories
The dressing room of the master bedroom has a shelf, glass cabinets and places to store accessories, perfume bottles, bags and shoes. In this space, lighting plays the most prominent role, especially when it is distributed around the mirrors, in addition to the hidden lighting that is distributed between the shelves of cabinets. It is preferable that the clothing corner has an acceptable space, which enables the woman to move freely in it. In case of lack of the necessary space, it is preferable to look away from the corner, with only the wall cabinets.
Every detail of the bedroom draws attention to the bathroom, which complements the luxurious palette of decor. In this context, it is not preferable for the bathroom door to look at the entrance to the bedroom, with the importance of studying the needs of the space, in terms of lighting, the method of distribution of tools and their number. Note that attending the bath requires a special arrangement, as well as requesting the occupant of the room to add a corner for ablution with low sinks, with a careful study of the locations of pipes, wires, air conditioning openings and air intake, and work to hide it, taking into account the decor of the walls and the quality of the floors.
One of the ideas that can be inspired by hotels with contemporary design is the glass bathroom that is open to the room, as some consider the said design to be impractical. It is also useful to learn about new technologies in the making of the materials used in the place, to ensure the most comfort and safety, such as anti-slip materials in certain places or those that are anti-moisture. However, marble pieces with different shapes and textures prevail in the luxurious bathrooms, which are equipped with accessories, and are rich in details, such as: hidden lighting, taking into account the harmony with the colors and materials of the bedroom.
It is preferable to allocate a space in the bedroom to accommodate the hobbies of its occupant, such as a quiet reading corner next to the window. The corner is furnished with a comfortable chair, with armrests, simple shelves for books, as well as a corner for coffee and the preparation of soft drinks, near the seat.
Ideas: Put a small desk in the room, a table with suitable lighting for writing or to perform simple tasks.
The bed should have a size of 180 x 200 centimeters, and the back should appear as part of the wall, which extends over the entire latter, upholstered or covered with wallpaper. On the other hand, some people prefer the bed, which is free from the back, to focus the design work, on the wall behind it.
The bed’s complements, such as the mattress, pillows and the blanket, should be taken care of to think and plan, knowing that these items do not need to be replaced in the short term. In this context, the choice is focused on soft, comfortable and luxurious materials, especially the American white cotton for the sheets, the cotton which is softer, with many wash times, and is suitable for all seasons of the year. An indication that most hotels often opt for white for bed sheets, towels and bathrobes.
On the side of the pillows, it is recommended to use more than one type, size and color for it, and then arrange it so that it emphasizes the clear contrast in the type of material and decorations, without flooding the bed with it. In this regard, pillows look luxurious, but they are not suitable for sensitive individuals. In addition, pillows covered with natural silk or satin covers keep benefits for the skin and hair, as they retain the moisture of the latter and prevent the appearance of wrinkles …
The cover in turn keeps the bed clean, as well as defining the character of the room, especially when it is luxuriously chosen. In this regard, there is a range of suitable materials, such as: satin, silk, organza, hand-embroidered fabric and decorated with stones.
It is worthwhile to coordinate the material and color of the curtains and those of the drapes. Generally, blackout curtains match the bedroom, or these are multilayered (a thick layer and a transparent one) to block direct sunlight and gain privacy. Note that long curtains promote intimacy in the place.
With regard to the sizes of the curtains, it is necessary to take into account the size of the room when adjusting.
The size and design of the rug is one of the factors that influences the preparation of a balanced and warm decor, and even defines the sections in the bedroom, such as when a rug is spread in the special session attached to the bed , and the piece extends its surroundings to the bottom. It is known that there are different types of rugs; Rectangular, circular or oval, each is selected according to the shape and divisions of the room.
Because relaxation is the main purpose of bedroom design, lighting should be considered important as it is influential in this context, taking into account the provision of a balanced amount of it, either directly or sideways that enables the occupant of the room to propose read. bed, or those that shed the elements Precious objects in the room, such as models, pictures and paintings, without neglecting the role of natural lighting.
Here are some mistakes associated with bedroom lighting:
• Distribution of lighting units, spaced apart by specific distances, which reduces the quality of lighting, and thus gives a gloomy atmosphere to the room, with a high consumption of electric current. On the other hand, it is always advisable to choose additional lighting units that focus on certain elements.
• The desired lighting design may not match the bedroom decor, or is incorrectly installed so that it emits little light.
• Omission of the importance of shadows. For example: placing the lighting unit above the head causes the entire face to be covered, making it difficult to apply makeup on the table. The same goes for all workplaces, such as: the office, if any.
• Use bright or white lighting. On the other hand, warm white lighting matches the spot or yellow, regardless of its degree.
Stay tuned for more: Bench Designs for Contemporary Lounge