How much does rain seed technology cost in Saudi ArabiaFollowing the relentless efforts of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to achieve sustainable development and reduce dependence on oil in its economy by addressing many industrial, commercial and agricultural sectors, the Kingdom sought to develop its agricultural sector through the use of artificial rain technology Technology and its main objectives, advantages, disadvantages and stages of development in the world, in addition to identifying the cost of this technology in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
What is artificial sowing technology?
It is an advanced technology aimed at deliberately changing the weather by stimulating clouds and clouds and stimulating their content of water vapor, water droplets, or frozen snow in the form of rain, over geographical areas occupied by the owners of this technology is determined, to empty. By throwing these materials on the clouds, these materials increase the density of water vapor in the clouds and clouds, causing them to fall in the form of rain or snowdrops.
See also: What is artificial seed, what are its benefits and how to use it
Objectives of artificial sowing technology
The sowing technology has many objectives, the most important of which are mentioned in the following rules:
- Increase in the percentage of rain and snow precipitation in areas affected by drought and a decrease in the percentage of precipitation.
- Purification and cooling of the air of suspended matter such as dust.
- Getting precipitation before it falls can reduce the risk of devastating hurricanes and storms.
- Increases the mass of clouds and clouds in the atmosphere, which reduces the heat of the sun.
How much does rain seed technology cost in Saudi Arabia
The artificial sowing technology is the latest type of climate technology, so it is a very high cost technology, as some sources from within the sector overseeing the artificial sowing project in Saudi Arabia have said because The cost of the project will exceed six billion Saudi Riyal, because the cost of stimulating 24 clouds costs the Kingdom an estimated amount About five thousand dollars American.
See also: What is artificial rain in Riyadh
The plan for artificial sowing in Saudi Arabia 1443 AH
The plan for artificial rainfall in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia aims to increase the amount of rainfall in the Kingdom to increase the amount of rainfall by not less than 20%. For the sake of agriculture and industry, and therefore the project of artificial rain will develop the sector of agriculture, energy, industry and mining in the country.
See also: Saudi Industrial Improvement Plan 1443
How does artificial seed work?
The process of sowing is done by planting clouds with nuclei of condensation stimuli, by using planes, missiles or ground cannons in this process of cloud cultivation. As for the kernels, it may be dry snow, carbon dioxide, silver iodide, calcium chloride or sodium chloride, but it is considered Cultivation of kernels consisting of silver iodide is one of the best known and most successful processes used in artificial sowing.
These nuclei increase the density of clouds above their normal rate, which contributes to the fall of the snow inside the clouds to the ground due to its weight, before the heat of the atmosphere melts it and turns it into raindrops.
For the sowing process to succeed, a number of natural factors must be present, including the presence of cumulus clouds and rising air currents, and industrial factors, including determining the appropriate time for planting the seeds, as well as the quantity and quality of the stimulating nuclei to be injected into the clouds.
See also artificial sowing method
artificial sowing methods
The methods of artificial seed differ according to the different methods of injecting and planting clouds with stimulating nuclei, and we mention among these methods:
- airwayThis is done by using airplanes or air missiles as they soar above, below or inside the clouds according to the nature of these clouds, and this method is one of the most effective methods and it is used in countries suffering from drought and low rainfall.
- earth cute: The use of air defense or ground artillery, which is less effective than its predecessor and widely used in China.
Benefits of artificial rain
Artificial rain has many benefits, including:
- Contribute to getting rid of countries suffering from the drought problem, thereby developing the agricultural sector and improving their economic situation.
- Increasing the supply of potable water and water.
- Helps adjust temperature and climate.
- Increasing the density of vegetation cover and eliminating the problem of desertification associated with a decrease in the amount of rain.
- increasing numbers of grazing animals,
- Increasing the groundwater supply.
- Reduce the possibility of storms and hurricanes.
- Purifies the atmosphere, purifies and helps to increase the amount of sun that falls on Earth.
Disadvantages of artificial seed
Despite the many benefits of artificial seed, it has many disadvantages, including:
- To deprive the inland regions far from the coast and oceans of their share of rain, especially when seedlings rain near the coast.
- Reducing the concentration of water vapor in the atmosphere and increasing the evaporation of seawater.
- Increase the thermal range between night and day by raising temperatures during the day and lowering at night.
- A decrease in the proportion of carbon dioxide gas due to an increase in the proportion of photosynthesis.
- To cause climate change in the country that adopts this technology, with the impossibility of predicting what will happen to the global climate.
- The high cost of artificially sowing as poor countries cannot use this technology.
See also: Methods of artificial seed in Arab countries
The development of artificial sowing activities
The technology of artificial sowing has witnessed many developments, from the attempt at sowing made by the famous French commander Napoleon Bonaparte in the seventeenth century, where he used artillery shells for the purpose of heavier clouds in an attempt to destroy them. emptying bags of water and rain, in an attempt to sow rain using hot air balloons and charged kites. With explosives, which failed, to the Commonwealth’s attempt to plant clouds with cores to weigh them, which took place in the year 1947 AD, which was crowned with success.
Work is still underway to develop this technology, especially in the research centers of the United States, China and Australia, which are among the most developed countries in the world with this technology.
In 2006, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia incorporated this technology into its plan to develop the industrial soil and improve the atmospheric climate, through an experimental study of rain sowing in Riyadh, Hail and Qassim. Jordanian Royal Air.
See also: How does cloud sowing work?
And after completing our article, How much does rain seed technology cost in Saudi Arabia Finally, we learned about artificial seeding technology and its main goals, advantages and disadvantages.
owlcation.com, The Growing Industry of Cloud Seeding, 28/04/2022
arabnews.com, Saudi Arabia throws its support behind cloud broadcasting technology, 04/28/2022