The margin between the interiors of the house and the outdoor garden narrows, so that the latter plays the role of the family living area, which is reflected in its design and furnishing, in harmony with the activities practiced by the people of the house. it, like entertaining, cooking and resting, in addition to decorating it with prominent accessories no less than specials.In the hall …
More about the contemporary home garden, in information from interior designer Beatrice Moutran.
The outdoor spaces of homes are experiencing a renaissance around the world, due to the long hours of living in homes and the spread of the idea of turning gardens into a living space instead of a living room, according to engineer Beatrice, who for ” Mrs “says that” the desire of homeowners to make the gardens attached to their homes look good. And refreshing, which takes their inspiration from the fashion that pushes social media and the style of influencers on “social media” and magazines, while noting the emergence of the design language in every corner of the place, and through design creating outdoor experiences. ”
Finally, about the trendy exterior, the architect talks about the coastal “minimalism” style and white paint with a Mediterranean or bohemian influence executed in natural colors, inspired by the recent trip to destinations such as: Tulum, Bali and Ibiza. In the restored Bohemian style in the outdoor garden design, there are decorations, carvings, natural multicolored wood materials and all the attractive imperfections visible in the Bohemian accessories and objects, in addition to a mix of Bohemian furniture and sleek and elegant furniture. by international designers.
home garden items
Within the framework of the design of a modern and lush garden, the architect asks that the following elements are important:
- the plants: These include large leafy trees and succulents that store water in their leaves, roots and stems to adapt to life in arid environments, small fruit trees for decoration, dark-colored vegetation and flowers that attract pollinating insects, plants and aromatic herbs.
- wild gardens: The engineer points out that “green home gardens are becoming more desirable, compared to solid landscapes. In the context of this trend, the presence of artificial grass is declining.”
- Garden paths: They are designed from pebbles that make the garden look “spontaneous” and tiles that look like concrete, with wood or bamboo for the surfaces. In this context, the architect calls for the creation of shady walkways with dim lighting for a sparkling outdoor look.
- garden furniture: For the Spring-Summer 2022 collections, the furniture’s colors are neutral and its textures rich in texture: modern braided (or braided) elements, metal cutouts, woven rattan, rope and wood, as well as updated “retro” elements. In this context, the engineer concludes that “there are no significant differences between living room furniture and garden furniture, which have become an additional dwelling,” noting that “many brands are developing their collections for highly designed outdoor spaces,” and explains that “Garden accessories are the same distributed Inside the house, in the living and entertaining areas, such as: hanging textiles, outdoor rugs, pillows and exterior covers, which make the space more inviting. In addition, large lanterns lit by candles are an essential accessory. “
- technology It is also present in the garden, similar to the interiors of the house, as “mobile” devices control most of the contents of the place …
It to escape
The small size of the outdoor space does not stand as an obstacle or its design, in a way that turns it into a refuge that can escape there, by using vertical gardens, and good use of colors to also interest and create dynamics. as a focus on night lighting that controls the moods of the occupants, and adds value to the limited space. In addition, the engineer recommends adding a point for the gathering of the people of the house, and even the guests, as well as the element of water, no matter how narrow the space is, to attract the senses. Recent ideas, in this context, include an underground mobile pool, which is lifted when needed at the push of a button.
home garden areas
A typical home garden consists of: lounge area with pergola (optional) or sunshade tent, dining area with large tables for lunch and dinner, pool area with showers, braai area, cooking area with modern outdoor kitchen units, and seating around Fire Area, refreshment area or Comfortable fast food and playground area. It is noteworthy that the vegetable garden space is essential in every garden, regardless of its size.
Of course, the mentioned areas are connected to each other, and are also distinguished by the presence of central points, so that the corners and other sections around them are distributed. Water and fire play this role (the focal point), as most activities revolve around it. The garden areas are decorated with artwork and sculpture.
3 basic principles of modern garden design
1 The use of local materials in the design of the home garden.
2 Respect the surrounding environment.
3 Focus on the principle of sustainability by choosing premium and durable materials, in addition to the use of recycled materials.