Playing for a child does not mean just spending time or joy and fun with games, as much as it means sharing and enjoying the company of others with him while he plays. Without pressure or coercion, games bring to the child a great deal of well-being and happiness, and make him feel free and go, and our report today discusses a number of ideas for children’s games suitable for the age of 3-4 years, with which the child develops motor, mental, social and linguistic skills, and opens up his ideas for the new innovative. Meeting and dr. Fatima El-Shennawy, professor of psychiatry and lecturer in human development.
Formation of the child from 3-4 years
- At this age the child begins to observe, grow and discern more, and he can also express and pronounce the names of things, so this rule must be developed and exploited to provide the child with more.
- This is done in a simple and easy way, without the child feeling that he is learning, or that playing is an educational goal behind him. Here the intelligence of the parents is shown in the choice of the game and its presentation to the child. And most importantly, their participation in it, especially at the beginning of the child’s introduction to the game.
- Diversification in the choice of toy for the child is required; It is preferable to include some educational details in each game you choose for the child; Which helps him to recognize animals, fruits, vegetables, numbers and letters.
The most important characteristics of a child of 3-4 years old
- The 3-year-old not only plays with children, but also enjoys interacting with them; Because of his mastery of the language of dialogue, how to ask questions, and his knowledge that they are real people, in addition to his knowledge of some words of taste and courtesy, “please”, “thank you”.
- The four-year-old child is best described as: vitality, enthusiasm, adventure, boldness and dissolution of restrictions, and with it folly and violence, which is the age of admission to kindergarten, and it is accompanied by a great passion for letters and numbers and an acceptance of academic methods to control and connect the child and his teacher.
Learn more: Baby gossip between negative and positive and methods of treatment
Ideas for children’s games from 3 to 4 years old
- Letter Games: At this age, the child can count from 1 to 10, so let the game introduce him to the shape of the letter and how to write it.
- A game to first identify animals by their names, sounds and habitats and then divide them into wild and marine species, pets and others living in the forest.
- Identify means of transport and its classifications, land, sea and air. This form of play is enjoyed more by boys than girls.
- The child at this age understands the seasons, and what distinguishes each season, such as the weather, fruits and vegetables, and the appropriate clothing for him, especially the hot and cold seasons.
- Drawing: The child loves to learn to draw, so let’s take advantage of this, and teach him simple drawings, such as the open or closed line, the circle, the face in a simple way, and so on.
- At this age, we can teach the child some easy songs, and link them to some sports movements so we can win singing and sports.
- Leave space for your child to play and role play; You will find that he has a great acting ability; He empties what is in him, and with that we know him from some professions like the doctor, the policeman, the engineer and the teacher.
Choose educational games
- Yes, make sure the game chosen is more educational than entertaining. This is where the child’s awareness and awareness begins to unfold. It increases over time and continues to teach skills, and one of the appropriate games at this time to develop intelligence is the puzzle.
- Puzzles are some of the games that develop children’s intelligence skills and make them feel happy and capture their interest as the child enters the modification, formation and composition of shapes.
- Also play with putty; It’s sweet, clay is not an ordinary game, but rather a special game that helps the child to be creative and develop his mental skills, but also to develop the child’s physical skills and the muscles of his hands. also reinforce, which is an excellent stage before you learn to hold and write pens.
- Playing with blocks, fitting and shaping are some of the entertaining games as it stimulates the imagination and helps to form a unique personality for the child, and he will develop it and add many of his new acquired skills to it.
- And do not forget that the most important and beautiful way to build a relationship with children is to play with them, even if they take a lot of your time, as these moments will be engraved in their memory, and then make them creative in to select the game.
- Sea games, and playing with sand and water are among the special games at this age, as the texture of sand helps children to observe things, improve their self-confidence and help their physical development by pouring, sifting and enjoying to make simple shapes.
draw and color
- It is possible for the child at this age to get a set of books for the blank drawings he is coloring in, and a set of colors to help him hold pens, develop muscles, learn about shapes and drawings, and distinguish between colors. in a simple way, and such games help to form a child-specific taste.
Learn more: “Middle child syndrome”: Does it give him negative or benefits?
Blocks and accessories
- Another attractive game for 3-4 year old child is the kitchen toy; Children at this age try to imitate mom and dad, especially girls who have a great love for going into the kitchen with their moms and trying to imitate them.
- Therefore, children can buy colorful plastic kitchens as it is one of the favorite toys for children, which is now widely available.
- Recognize and name body parts and explain their usefulness, and there are more toys that carry diverse body parts that the child can place in the appropriate place for them, which helps the child to identify a lot.
Set plastic fruits and vegetables
- In order for the child to recognize everything, its color and name, it must see it in a stereoscopic way, so it is a set of distinctive games suitable for children at this age.
- As well as games for developing thinking, and learning how to think and move models, and helping him identify colors and shapes such as chess and letter games that combine names or shapes loved by the child.
traffic light game
- The traffic light game helps the child to distinguish and recognize shapes and colors, and how to cross the road imaginatively, and helps him to realize that there are rules and things that need to be applied in life.
- A child at this age can move the bike well at home, and this game helps him to move his legs and muscles and release his energy, riding a bike is important for all ages.
Learn more: Characteristics of smart kids
- Among the games that help stimulate the child’s imagination and create beautiful and stereoscopic shapes and drawings are animal figures and dolls of different shapes and colors.
- Likewise, cars take up some of the children’s interest, especially men. Whether it’s a car game or playing with cars with an electric car, everyone arouses his interest and makes him happy.
- At this age, the child becomes attached to the cartoon characters, and each child begins to admire each peculiar character for him, so that he can play with the clothes of the character or his models.
- At this age, the child is very well aware of the things around him, as he can recognize the meaning of the picture and the name of the animal. He also understands the meaning of the story … There is no objection to reading the story using modern technology.
Note from “Madam Net”: Before applying this prescription or this treatment, you should consult a specialist doctor.