A statement by the Ministry of Petroleum revealed that, based on the role of the petroleum sector as a key player in the implementation of Egypt’s Vision 2030, the sector development and modernization project mainly addresses the unique nature of the sector and its dependence on the use of the latest technologies in its various activities, thus developing a vision to achieve a comprehensive concept and an integrated basis for digital transformation in the sector To improve and automate work mechanisms and the circulation of information through ‘ facilitate a unified communications network for the sector.
Therefore, the Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources was eager to prepare and implement a program specializing in digital transformation of the petroleum sector within the project to develop and modernize the sector with the aim of improving work cycles and systems and create an integrated digital system to achieve the required interconnection between the sector’s activities and the provision of data to support and expedite decision-making and to help address crises Taking into account the importance of promoting the use of information technology and modern applications as one of the main elements in the project to develop and modernize the mining sector.
With regard to the achievements of the Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources in the field of digital transformation, the following has been achieved:
- The launch of the Egypt Upstream portal digital platform for the marketing of petroleum areas worldwide on 17 February 2021, one year after the signing of the contract with Schlumberger International, which is in line with the state’s tendency to support digital transformation.
- Establishment of an ERP resource planning and management system based on the collection and analysis of data and the development of information systems in different sector companies and taking into account integration with existing industrial control systems in the various activities of the oil and gas industry, assisting in development and improving procedures and disseminating data and information electronically to improve operations efficiency and support decision-making Implementation of the resource planning and management system in the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation, and all the management companies affiliated with the Ministry, and its subsidiaries It has also started to be implemented in the refineries and marketing companies affiliated with the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation.
- The use of software in the various activities of the sector to control the industrial system and analyze production data to increase the efficiency of performance in the various activities of the sector and to provide services for dealing with citizens and investor databases on an electronic manner.
- Monitoring and controlling the circulation and distribution of petroleum products to monitor the transportation and distribution of large petroleum products and to monitor consumption patterns of different types of petroleum products to identify any bottlenecks that may occur in the distribution operations.
- A system for tracking fuel quantities by creating a database that includes all elements of the trading system in an electronic way to keep track of the quantities of fuel distributed in all governors.
- The introduction of the first electronic system to manage and follow up the local butane circulation and distribution operations in all its stages with the aim of tightening control over the quantities transported, within the framework of the implementation of digital transformation projects in management and follow-up of the butane. trading system.
- Activation of the automatic tracking system for tank-vehicles “GPS” by installing the system in the transport fleet of companies and the private sector to track the movement of all tank-vehicles directly during the transport process.
- The automatic fuel level measurement system “ATG” by installing a device in the ground tanks at the stations to measure the quantities of fuel and send to the station’s control room and measure the percentage of water in the tanks. The data is linked to the central control rooms of the Petroleum Authority.
- Use advanced systems to operate and control line networks using Scada System.
- The introduction of the first electronic application on the mobile phone (MOP stations) to identify the locations and locations of car filling stations with liquid fuel and natural gas, as well as transmission centers and to identify the services they provide.
- Updating the Mineral Resources Authority’s infrastructure and the digital survey of geological information by implementing a program to increase the Mineral Resources Authority’s infrastructure efficiency, creating a special website for the mineral wealth sector, is working on establishing a comprehensive electronic licensing system by linking to electronic geological maps highlighting the key areas of mineral wealth inherent in Egypt.
On the other hand, within the framework of implementing the objectives of the sector development and modernization project to increase the efficiency of performance in a number of areas, such as merging a number of companies working in similar fields to improve performance efficiency and to contribute. to rationalize expenditure, to make tangible progress in increasing the efficiency of energy consumption in the sector by achieving the normal growth rates of energy consumption in the sector as a result of energy subsidy reform efforts, to establish the institutional framework for the management of energy efficiency activities in the sector, and the preparation of a strategy for energy efficiency in the petroleum sector in collaboration with a specialized global consultant, to achieve savings in energy consumption of £ 820 million. with 79 companies in the sector to automatically collect energy consumption data.The link was made with the Ministry of Petroleum, and a roadmap was prepared for the establishment of an energy management system in the petroleum sector in cooperation with the Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA)) . ).
And the implementation of a training plan to build capacity for workers in the field of energy efficiency, where 72 training programs for more than a thousand pupils have been implemented, and 282 training programs for more than 275 pupils are organized within the Ministry’s program for young and qualify medium leaders in collaboration with the European Union, and three sessions of the Energy Efficiency Conference and Exhibition are organized in sector, and begin the procedures for establishing a center of excellence to improve energy efficiency and operational performance.