A girl in adolescence goes through many hormonal and psychological changes; Which in her cases generates anger and distress, and a feeling of excessive nervousness, in addition to the nature of the atmosphere around her, and the impact of her relationship with parents; What makes her at odds with them, and the result is that the girl sometimes assumes the character of isolation and introversion in her social relationships, for this it was necessary to first look for the reasons for the nervousness of the teenage girl, and how to act with them secondly. The meeting and the family expert, Dr. Ibtihaj, students of the Faculty of Education.
- A girl’s adolescence begins at the age of thirteen and lasts until nineteen, and possibly years later, depending on the end of her studies.
- The role of parents is to know how to handle their daughter at this critical age, to give her care and attention, and to stay away from monitoring or interfering in her details.
- Interference with the details of adolescence’s life leads to stubbornness and nervousness, and makes it permanently tense.
- A nervous teenager is one who refuses to be a copy of her mother; She becomes an equal to her mother as an expression of her rejection of her.
- Parents should avoid rough treatment of the nervous adolescent in front of others, but it should rather be respected.
Causes of nervousness in adolescence
- First: Because of her inability to manage and organize her time, and her inability to reconcile her study hours, and daily do her sports activities or hobbies that she loves, and therefore the increase in those activities and the difficulty of educational curricula, leads to the inability to enjoy her life, and her nervousness becomes excessive.
- Second: The nervousness of adolescence comes because it hides its secrets; Many teenage girls do this deliberately for fear that their parents will find out about them, scold them and perhaps prevent them from having the pleasure of meeting friends. Among these secrets: the decline in the scientific level or the failure in a particular subject.
- Third: Adolescents also become nervous because of their feelings of stress and lack of focus and attention, due to the family’s neglect of their teenage daughter’s emotional desires.
- Fourth: The parents’ failure to take time to listen to the teenage daughter’s problems, or to treat her equally with the rest of her brothers, especially men, and not appreciate what she is doing; This makes her view nervous behavior as a way to get their attention.
Learn More: Ways to Treat Teen Nail Bites
Tips on how to deal with a nervous adolescence:
Teach adolescence how to organize his time!
- Organizing time is beneficial for adolescence, such as setting a schedule for the study hours per week, and for the time for exercises and hobbies; It helps her to feel no shortcomings in her daily lessons and duties.
Communicating with a teenager relieves her nervousness
- Parents ‘constant communication with the teenage daughter can help her, and this is done by spending time listening to her ideas, dreams, projects and giving her the best advice that will help her solve her problems and her living conditions in’ a better way.
Give care and attention
- Care and attention, and to stay away from the method that depends on observation, or interference in the details of their teenage daughter’s life and private affairs; Which makes her turn to stubbornness and nervousness.
- Dealing with love, care and perfect care; It reduces the teenage daughter’s nervousness, so that she does not have to become an equal to her mother and a copy of her, as an expression of her rejection of the mother’s behavior with her.
- Learn more: The role of parents in strengthening teens’ self-confidence: 9 steps
Avoid rough handling
- Parents should avoid rough treatment with the nervous adolescent, especially in front of others, but should be respected.
- listen to it calmly and attentively; This nervous teen needs love and attention, more than any requests.
- Discuss her problems with her, and tell your teen child true stories about the importance of making friends and the damage that friendships cause to bad people.
Avoid comparing your daughter to her peers
- Adolescents naturally try to prove themselves all the time. Which makes her a lot of effort, causes her anxiety, tension and nervousness.
- You simply refuse everything, without explaining the reason for the refusal or providing reasons; Just to prove she’s a decision maker.
- The role of the parents is to accept this stubbornness, tolerate nervousness and above all reduce orders that increase psychological pressure on the teenage daughter; Which makes her resort to isolation and negative thoughts.
- The mother must sympathize with her; To be very careful to compare her daughter with her friends or even one of her family, which can weaken her self-confidence, and increase her stubbornness and nervousness.
- Fathers need to teach their teenage daughters how to speak politely and calmly, and how to present their opinion without nervousness or emotion, and how to apologize in case of mistakes; Which reduces nervousness.
Note from «Madam Net»: Before applying this prescription or this treatment; You should consult a specialist.