Gantz recommends investigation into leaks related to “shadow war” with Iran

Gantz recommends investigation into leaks related to “shadow war” with Iran


Saturday – 3 Dhu al-Hijjah 1443 AH – 02 July 2022 AD Issue No. [
15922]


Gantz whispers to Foreign Minister Yair Lapid during a session of the Israeli Knesset last week (Reuters)

Tel Aviv: Asharq Al-Awsat.

Political sources in Tel Aviv yesterday (Friday) revealed that the reason behind the decision of Israeli Defense Minister Benny Gantz to investigate what he considers to be “dangerous leaks of closed security talks”, in an implicit reference to the information that leaked out of the shadows. war with Iran.
The sources said Gantz’s instructions were due to the broadcast of a videotape about the burning of the steel plant in Iran and the emergency calls broadcast by officials there. Gantz said these leaks were a violation of secret security instructions and did great damage to the ambiguity policy his government insists on in everything related to the war against Iran’s “nuclear power”.
According to the sources, Gantz seemed frustrated about the many leaks about research and deliberations in the leadership of the security services, which began to assume an “obscene personal character”, which smelled of the involvement of a number of generals and security figures in political and biased calculations. I therefore commissioned a serious internal investigation to find out the sources of the leak.
Iran has admitted that the largest steel mills were exposed to a hacker carried out last Monday. The Khuzestan Steel Company, which owns and has its headquarters in the southwestern Iranian city of Ahvaz, said experts had decided that the company could not continue operations due to technical problems, and that it would be closed until further notice. However, the Jamran news website denied the existence of damage, saying that “the attack did not cause any structural damage to the steel plant as the plant happened to be idle at that time due to a power outage.”
Then the CEO of the Khuzestan Steel Company, Amin Ebrahimi, appeared in the media and acknowledged the cyber attack on the company and other steel companies in the provinces of Isfahan and Hormozgan (Bandar Abbas) and said that the attack did not cause any damage, but ” the information technology system shows a malfunction. ».
While this attack was attributed to Tel Aviv, and was seen as a response to Iranian cyber attacks on Israel, the burglar group “Kangshak Darandeh” (the bird of prey) reported that it was the one that infiltrated the companies and videos and photos of the burglary process, including surveillance cameras. The group said on its Telegram channel that the reason for the attack on these companies was to respond to the “repression of the Iranian regime”. “Iran’s steel industry continues to function despite international sanctions,” she wrote.
However, “Channel 12” of Israeli television revealed that the chief of staff of the army, Aviv Kohavi, who was visiting Unit 8200 of the military intelligence division in his army, was watching a video showing how the burning of the the aforementioned steel plant in Iran is documented, in the first moments that followed a cyber attack that targeted it. .
The canal showed a clip showing the flames rising in the factory, while emergency calls were heard from those in the area. One of them says, “Go, Saeed. The situation is dangerous.” Someone shouts, “Shall we throw water to put out the fire from above?” Another responds with a louder voice: “Do not do this.” Immediately after this tape was broadcast, Gantz announced his instructions on these and other serious leaks.
A close confidant of Gantz said he was also sharply angry about the leaks published over the weekend, which revealed differences in the leadership of the security services over a new nuclear deal between the major powers and Iran. It stated that a number of Israeli officials, especially in the military leadership, who hold sensitive security positions, now support an agreement to revive the Iranian nuclear deal concluded in 2015 and see it as an opportunity for Israel to use itself. better prepare for the military. option against Iran.
According to those officials, the nuclear deal was not good, but the withdrawal of the administration of former US President Donald Trump from it in May 2018 led to the acceleration of the development of the Iranian nuclear program. They now prefer to reach a “bad” nuclear deal, promising that such a deal would give Israel time to prepare a military option to attack Iran.
On the other hand, Israeli political and security bodies, led by the Mossad, refuse to make a change in the current Israeli policy towards the nuclear deal, and that “Israel can not be a partner in a bad agreement that will expire soon. no and there is no response to the loopholes that existed in the original agreement with the great powers and those that have been discovered in the meantime.
This comes after Gantz played down internal differences over the Iran nuclear deal on Monday, saying that policy on nuclear talks is determined by the government, not the security forces. “We will continue to have an extensive and frank dialogue, but only behind closed doors,” he said. Any other method that is detrimental to the security of the State of Israel. ”
Gantz has pledged to work with world powers to influence any agreement that could result from its nuclear deal with Tehran. “It would be appropriate to explain that Israel is not against the nuclear deal per se, but rather against a bad deal,” he added.
Yesterday, the Israeli public broadcaster (Cannes 11) stated that the investigation ordered by Gantz also includes the release of news about the threat of Iranian drones from Iraq, the chief of staff’s visit to Egypt, and the Israeli attacks in Syria.


Israel

Iran news

Leave a Comment