Beirut Parents should use Eid al-Adha to celebrate it with their children because of its special joy, and also to know that Eid not only buys new clothes, receives gifts and visits family, but rather brings the spiritual significance of this occasion in their souls and to make them aware that this Eid attracts a smile on the face of underprivileged children and helps the needy and the poor.
Eid Al-Adha should be celebrated in a distinctive and innovative way to make the child happy, and this can be done with simple, beautiful and fun ideas.
The educational guide, Rana Al-Sayed, considers this celebration to be very essential for the child to consolidate his Islamic identity, in addition to strengthening family ties.
Important ideas for Eid al-Adha
The educational counselor, Rana Al-Sayed, proposes many innovative ideas that should be implemented by the family with the participation of children, namely:
- The decoration of the house with a small and simple model associated with Eid al-Adha is related to the Kaaba.
- Sit or make a sheep of white cardboard and cotton, as a symbol of sacrifice, and do not forget the colorful balloons in the children’s bedrooms.
- Performing the Eid prayer should be present and one of the family’s priorities, and explain it in an enjoyable way so that the child is comfortable and encouraged to perform it.
- Encourage children to listen to the Eid Takbeer, either on TV or over the phone, or to repeat it with them.
- The preparation of Eid clothes has a lot of enthusiasm for children as it makes them feel the joy of Eid.
- The addition of lights in the form of circles due to its uniqueness and aesthetics.
- Prepare Eid cookies in the shape of sheep or stars and moons, prepare sweets and dates, and involve the child in the preparation process.
- By making Eid cards, most children like to draw and color and sharing them makes them feel excited and happy.
- Prepare gifts for the occasion of Eid al-Adha, which is the main idea of the child eagerly awaiting it, because it is the “Eid”, so it is either a toy or an envelope containing a small amount of money. Children feel joy and happiness when they are given Eid, because it reflects the spirit of Eid.
- Accompanying children to visit people who have performed Hajj makes them aware of the importance of Eid al-Adha.
- Taking a picnic is very important during Eid days, and choosing to spend the whole day outside for lunch in a restaurant, amusement park, in the park or on a road trip, the most important thing is to have this special day to enjoy with the children.
The meaning of Eid for a child
Social psychologist Natalia Mazraani points out that Eid al-Adha is the ideal opportunity to teach children noble values, the most important of which is to remember the duty of Muslims towards the poor, needy, orphans and sick, who participate in the provision of donations and food to the needy, learn the value of Eid’s tolerance, love and congratulations by visiting family and friends.
And definitely the participation of children to play and have fun, and to learn the Sunnahs of Eid, including: lullaby, branch beer, begging, remembrance and wearing new clothes. These aspects are very important for the child and make him feel the joy of Eid.
Mazraani added that children need to be made aware that Eid is about feeling for others and appreciating their feelings, and that they need to be taught to do good and to feel for others.
The mother must explain the meaning of Eid to her child and tell him the story of the ram of our master Ibrahim, and the reason why it is called Eid al-Adha in connection with the sacrifice offered to feed the poor, and she must also make sure that the Eid remains a beautiful and memorable memory that can be documented by photographing family members.
The joy of Eid is complete with reunion
As soon as Eid al-Adha approaches, Father Ali al-Shel begins the necessary preparations to spend the most beautiful times with his family. van Eid already. -Adha. Afterwards, he buys everything needed for the festival of Eid, and invites his family for lunch to get together.
Eid is an opportunity to strengthen family ties, and joy is not complete without reunion, and children do not feel joy and enthusiasm except when everyone comes home. So the boys used to do a number of entertaining leisure activities. Spending family time at home is one of the best times for them, he says.
The spiritual value of the great feast
There is nothing more beautiful than a child feeling the joy of Eid. Here the mother, Elissar Choucair, is happy and happy when she sees her two sons helping her to make sweets in preparation for the celebration of Eid al-Adha .
They are very excited to take part in the preparation, even in terms of decoration, they did not expect that they would enjoy placing balloons and candlesticks with some cardboard made in the shape of a sheep, and her eldest son is very happy to perform with his father around the Eid prayer in the mosque and then they are eager to wear new clothes to be on top of elegance and arrangement.
Elissar tells Al Jazeera Net that she is proud that they know the spiritual value of the festival, and they say that it is the great festival known as the sacrifice and distribution of a portion of it to the poor, and that the Hajj rituals are performed and they live the joy of the festival and eagerly await the “Eid”.
She added that she helped to educate the boys to look for their old clothes, which are still good to give to the poor children, thus leaving the meaning of giving and joy in the heart of every sad and orphan realized.
She advises the mother not to light the fireworks that pose a danger to the children, and thinks it is better to spend the money on useful and useful things.