“Stop admission to the Interior Design major in the next semester”
The Dean of the College of Basic Education in the Public Authority for Applied Education and Training, dr. Farih Al-Enezi announced the completion of a new proposed project for the establishment of an independent public university, the core of which is the College of Basic Education, and pointed out that “this to the Director-General of the Authority will be submitted to be submitted to the Minister of Education and the Minister of Higher Education during the coming period. “
Al-Enezi confirmed to Al-Jarida that the committee for the preparation of the postgraduate study program had submitted a proposal to submit master’s degree programs in the “basic”, which includes the establishment of a postgraduate study unit in the college, to the competent authorities in the government. to make the appropriate decision about it, and note that the college is at the same time awaiting Approval of the postgraduate study program ordinance of the government’s management.
He stated that admission to the major subject Interior Design has been suspended in the next semester due to the large numbers in the department. Al-Jarida met with dr. Al-Enezi, and discussed with him the college’s proposals and the extent of his readiness to receive next year, and the following are the details:
• Is there a tendency to include the College of Basic Education under the umbrella of public universities?
We have completed the completion of a new proposed project for the establishment of an independent public university, the core of which is the College of Basic Education.
There is no doubt that “Basic Education” is considered a university college with distinction, and it functions in accordance with the rules and regulations that apply in the various corresponding colleges of education in the universities of the Gulf Cooperation Council States. increase in the number of education schools in various regions of Kuwait.
Are there academic majors whose admission to the college has been suspended at the request of the Ministry of Education?
– Based on the co-operation agreement between the College of Basic Education and the Ministry of Education, which is an important labor market destination for the college, it was agreed to discontinue admission to certain academic disciplines at the request of the Ministry, especially the nursery school specialization 10 years ago , in addition to the home economics specialization, which was closed For more than 8 years, it was recently reopened, based on the labor market’s need to receive students in it for transfers or the acceptance of newcomers.
Admission to the major subject interior design was also suspended for the next semester due to the number of students exceeding the capacity of the department, and at the request of the scientific department in the college, and the nature of the department’s study, which requires the admission numbers should be low because teaching requirements require a classroom equipped with tables.It can only accommodate 20 students.
• Is there a tendency to offer master’s programs in the college’s specializations?
The Program Preparation Committee for Postgraduate Studies has completed a draft proposal to offer master’s programs in the College of Basic Education, and it has been submitted to the competent authorities in the Commission to establish everything related to this proposal, including the establishment of a graduate include, to investigate. study unit in college to make a decision about it.
At the same time, the college is awaiting the approval of the regulations for the postgraduate study program in the “Applied” of the administration of the government, and note that the regulations for the postgraduate study program have been approved by the Scientific Affairs Committee in the college. and the College Board, and submitted to the Deputy Director of the Commission for Applied Education and Research, pending approvals from its official channels.
• Is there a tendency to abolish the requirement for a student to obtain 70 per cent of the general secondary school certificate to switch from the “Applied” colleges to the College of Basic Education?
The requirement for the student to obtain 70 percent of the general secondary school certificate is a prerequisite approved by the government’s administration 7 years ago in the process of switching from applied colleges to basic education, in addition to passing more than 14 academic units and a transfer average of 3.5.
• What do you think about the level of university students in Arabic or English?
– In general, I do not see that there is a weakness in the level of students in both languages, and if there is a weakness, it is due to the level of general education outputs, because it is they who students for 12 teach. years, while the college teaches students for 4 years, part of which is taught. The student is in the major subject and the rest are support majors.
• What is the readiness of the college buildings for the next semester?
The college formed a committee several months ago to return to the traditional study, and fortunately the buildings are ready to receive students at the beginning of the next academic year, to the extent that the college completes the full traditional study in the current summer semester, and everything went smoothly and well without any problems.
• How many graduates annually?
In one academic year, 6,000 students graduate at college level, at a rate of not less than 3,000 graduates per semester.
• How many students are affiliated with the college?
The number of students in the college has exceeded 23 thousand students, and there is no doubt that this number is large for the college, and in return the college contains 20 scientific departments, in addition to the opening of a branch in Jahra, and the official authorities are now being asked to open a branch of the College of Basic Education in the southern region.Wait for the Ministry of Education to locate the branch.
• Are all college majors highly demanded by students?
Of course, all specializations in college must be requested in advance, and news evidence of this is the number of college students who have exceeded 23 thousand students in college, for example, the Department of Art Education contains about 5 thousand students.
• What is the absorption capacity for admission in the next academic year?
There is coordination between the college with the Dean of Admission and Registration to determine the numbers, but so far it has not been determined at the moment, and the numbers of admission to the college are usually between 4 and 5 thousand students.