Nature does not belittle homeowners who want to surround themselves with some of its effects in interior spaces and gardens. It offers different materials from the depths of the earth and forests, so that the designers work on it, in a way that does not lose its characteristics, but rather “refines” it and it is a reason for admiration and a source of attraction in architectural make spaces Nature is generous with materials and textures, which enrich homes and attract the senses, of sight, touch and smell… The idea of merging nature, as well as its attractive materials, with interior and exterior designs is ultimately popular, according to engineer Rachel Salama, who tells “Madam” that “the new generation is looking for environmentally friendly materials to advance their decorations, while older individuals prefer the presence of plants in their homes… In both cases, sign nature a presence.
Properties of 5 natural materials
The engineer describes the conversation about some of the natural materials used in contemporary interiors as follows:
1. Wood: The material is a popular trend this year, with its use according to new methods, i.e. mixing wood with other materials, in the work of walls, ceilings and floors. There are two types of natural wood grains: the first is hard and the second is soft. In the following, the engineer lists the characteristics of the two types:
- Hardwood extracted from broadleaf trees is expensive (such as: teak, beech, oak, maple, benzoin…), but it is more durable and resistant to heat and moisture, and is used in decoration and furniture making.
- Softwoods extracted from conifers, such as: white wood and Swedish wood, are the cheapest types compared to hardwood, and are less resistant to heat and moisture.
2. Glass: The material has been widely used in recent times, as it has strength and rigidity and creates a feeling of merging with the outdoors because it allows sunlight to enter the home through the windows. In this context, the architect recommends the use of calm and comfortable colors of the material, which usually help to visually expand narrow spaces, through reflections and transparency, spreading beauty and modernity in the architectural space. The types of glass materials include: soda-lime glass and sparkling lead glass (crystal), which are commonly used in making home accessories and lighting elements, especially chandeliers, and quartz, which withstands high temperatures. Note that quartz is a material that is finally flourishing again for its properties, of ease of shaping and decoration, and it plays a practical role in interior spaces that lack lighting.
3. Marble: The material is extracted from the rocks in the ground, and it enjoys different colors, and is used in wall and floor decorations, and even in making home furniture. The marble material can be mixed with wood and the drawings interwoven with decorations in the walls of entrances, halls and even rooms, or white or light-colored material is used in the design of the bathroom, which makes the user feel the cleanliness of the bathroom. said space. On the other hand, black marble requires a large space to receive it, while brown marble fits the space that receives an ample amount of light, to remove the feeling of density in the place due to the dark color. In addition, other marble colors, such as: pink, red, yellow and green, are located in the desired place to represent sophistication, giving a pure aesthetic. Gray marble is the perfect color.
4. Bamboo: The natural bamboo material is commonly used in eastern countries; The material contributes to the design of home decorations, and ultimately to the manufacture of furniture. The colors of the material are varied, and note that each color represents the integration of the house with nature, with the advice of the architect to coordinate between the color of the bamboo and other interior decoration elements. It is worth noting that bamboo furniture is characterized by elegance and simplicity; Nature delights in simplicity, according to Isaac Newton. In addition, the above furniture should be kept away from sunlight for a long time so as not to be damaged. Note that the material absorbs heat and dissipates cold. As for the decorations of bamboo, it harmonizes with wood, in an Asian style house, especially in the floor.
There are other natural materials suitable for use in decorative works, including: gypsum, aluminum and alabaster, but their uses are less today, compared to a previous period.
Furniture frames and materials
Furniture made from natural structures varies in its materials, depending on the place where it is housed (an outdoor garden or an indoor hall…); In the external “terrace”, for example, wood, brick or metal are suitable, in a light color, in accordance with the summer and its fun. There are also many material options in terms of patterns, textures and colors to give the house an elegant and luxurious look, with the importance of looking for the feature of easy cleaning in the material. The most popular summer fabrics include easy-to-clean, yet durable and soft linen, long-wearing leather and sturdy, toxic-free jute.
Engineer Rachel concludes that “with developments in the world, in the field of engineering and decoration, new ideas can be invented in line with the times, to add more aesthetics, in relation to the location and nature of the house and its desire. owner, and with what is new and innovative,” adding that “the use of elements of nature in calm colors, even if in a small amount, it gives elegance and a beautiful view and a sense of comfort, especially in engineering spaces and open spaces, with the importance of coordinating the elements with each other.”