Good coordination of the decor of the space that the child occupies to sleep, play and study is influential in making him spend most of the time there, especially that the said place is an attractive space that provides him with comfort and safety offer. The design must therefore meet the needs and requirements of its occupant, regardless of their age.
The design of the child’s bedroom can escape from the restrictions imposed by work on other areas in the house, such as the living corner or the reception hall, and include vibrant colors and a combination of patterns, in harmony with the whims of the roommate , with the ultimate goal of creating a space that encourages imagination, inspires him and develops his skills And enjoys spending time there. In this context, “Madam”, the interior designer, Najat Al-Hajj, was informed about the design guidelines for bedrooms of young age groups, up to and including adolescence, whether the occupant of the space was male or female.
Stay tuned for more: Unusual furniture for lovers of art, mystery and the environment
Al-Hajj says that with the interest in the joyful cartoons that attract the child, who chooses to accompany him in his space, there are several factors that require importance to the place, and they focus on:
• Simplicity: The simple decoration in the space is of course successful, especially with the setting aside of empty spaces that may later house an additional piece of furniture or accessory.
• Low bed: It is suitable for all young ages, as it offers safety.
Reading corner: If the space allows its presence, it is furnished with a comfortable low seat (buff), with a good choice of lighting for it, and the distribution of shelves in proportion to the child’s height, so that he knows independence, and she achieves things without asking for help.
• Play area: It is recommended to add elements that give fun and release energy in the room, such as: a large board to write on, ropes to climb, a tent to read in or a swing.
• Lighting: its main role is in the decoration, and the case applies to the child’s bedroom. In this context, it calls on the pilgrim to highlight the upper and lower areas of the bed, and to choose forms of lighting that allow the child to imagine, such as taking the form of stars that appear in lighten the dark, or add bright material to the lighting units.
• Empty space: every corner of the room must be used, so that the child can easily move in it. In this context, a couple from the family chooses to be placed on top of each other, in the narrow room occupied by two children, so that they can play.
• Storage units: It is important to provide storage units in the child’s bedroom, regardless of his age, because at this age there are plenty of clothes, items and school supplies… Therefore, the bed is provided with drawers in its lower part, or the choice is focused on a wardrobe with multiple shelves and drawers, using shelves open or small closed cabinets, which help to keep the space tidy.
• Wallpaper: It adds attractiveness to the room and gives its decor vitality, especially if the inscriptions are not exaggerated, and therefore it “calms down” the strong (joyful) colors used. An indication that in the presence of wallpaper with strong (or light) prints, the surface does not support shelves (or cabinets).
Colors play a prominent role in the lives of young people, but the rule that defined pink for girls and blue for boys is a thing of the past. On the other hand, it is advisable to look at the trend of attractive contemporary colors, including: yellow, white, blue, mint green and dark violet, in addition to all the bohemian colors such as caramel, pink, earthy and natural colors that represent the jungle, with the idea of using colors that can be combined with each other. Colors are used in the details, especially the bedspread, curtain, carpet and accessories, away from fixed furniture.
If a boy and a girl share the same room, colors that please both sexes include: green, violet, white, yellow and light blue, according to Hajj. As for the narrow room, the colors play a leading role when used well to suggest that the space is larger, especially the lighter, with the distribution of mirrors and the rationing in the number of furniture, and their choice of multiple uses .
A bedroom that reflects the interests of its occupant
Both teenagers and teenagers need to confirm their identity in the space they occupy, with a tendency to choose strong, dark colors, especially black and fuchsia. In this space, she invites the pilgrim to use the desired colors on a wall in the space, which includes works of art that reflect his whims, while adding details, such as a “poof” that takes an unknown shape, or ‘ a chair with multiple patterns and colors. Usually, the room that is a place to sleep, study and spend time reflects the whims of its occupant, and therefore it is necessary that it contains at least one object that expresses his interests, or that it is reflected in the decoration ( wallpaper on football, for example), in addition to the presence of storage spaces, To maintain its arrangement, with a preference for hidden and double-use furniture, such as a bed that turns into a sofa, and the office table that of a library.
Follow more: How to arrange and arrange natural flowers at home