The bedroom is an essential space in the house; Therefore, the design takes into account the function of the above-mentioned place, i.e. the resident’s sense of comfort and tranquility, through well-thought-out colors. In this context, “Madam” of the interior designer, Nada Shehab, looked at the modern colors, which make the characteristic of the master bedroom calm.
6 colors in the bedroom
There are six colors that can make the bedroom a space for relaxation, these are:
1 white: Color is frequently used in the space, for its role of labeling it with purity, transparency and ease. One of the advantages of color in the decor, especially when the walls are painted with white paint, is to suggest that the room is spacious, no matter how narrow it is. Moreover, white harmonizes with all colors, but in the context of the bedroom’s decorations, architect Nada Shehab asks to choose shades of gray (or blue) with white.
2-diabetes (off white): It creates the desired relaxed state in the space, as it goes with most colors, especially brown (or green or blue). In this context, the architect recommends choosing sugar as a color for curtains, upholstery and textiles in the bedroom.
3 gray: The color helps to give the bedroom warmth, tranquility and calm, along with other earth tones. It is worth noting that the walls of the room are painted gray, which necessitates the choice of soft furniture in terms of colors.
4 green: It is one of the cool colors that symbolize nature, and helps to provide calm and tranquility in the bedroom.
5 lavender color: A favorite in the bedroom, this is a light and calm shade of violet. Lavender color relaxes the eye, especially when mixed with ivory, light gray or white…
6 blue: The shades of indigo, cyan and turquoise are suitable for bedroom decorations, as they achieve psychological comfort and contribute to keep insomnia, tension and sleep problems from the occupant of the room.
Follow more: Basic rules for choosing sofas for the living room
break the monotony
When the designer sets his sights on preparing quiet decorations for the bedroom, it does not mean that the latter looks monotonous, but rather the designer intends to restore the calm scene returning to the basics of decoration and large size furniture, with home accessories to complete. to break the boredom. In this context, Engineer Nada calls for attention to the following points:
- Choosing a piece of furniture loaded with more than one color or type of fabric, while coordinating the above piece with other accessories in the bedroom, which include: a large-sized art painting (or a group of multi-sized paintings) and floor cushions with covers made of various materials and colors, and embedded with beaded beads (or crystal). Cushions are placed on the carpet, in the middle of the room, opposite the bed or next to it, or even near the window with the aim of preparing a reading or relaxation area in the bedroom.
- Pay attention to lighting, which is the “key” to successful decoration, because lighting makes any room more alive. In the bedroom, modern lighting units look luxurious.
- It is well known that the walls determine the general atmosphere of the room, therefore it is not required that they be painted in one color as a whole, but the wallpaper differentiates the decorations of one of the walls.
Follow more: Modern models of kitchen curtains
trendy bedroom furniture fashion
The following furniture characterizes the contemporary bedroom:
- The bed with a reinforced headboard for its appearance, in addition to the role of the vertical to comfort the receiver, especially while reading or using the smart board or the phone… In addition, there is the recent low bed, which is equipped with frames upholstered with chamois on its sides.
- The bed cover is no less important than the latter according to popular fashion today, and it is made of healthy cotton.
- Cabinets and tables, in turn, are known for their great load-bearing capacity.
- The engineer asks for the importance of coordinating the colors of the different pieces of furniture, as well as choosing the parquet for the floor and the characteristic carpet.
Ornamental plants in bedrooms
Ornamental plants enliven the bedroom and make the occupant happy. Plants used in the contemporary bedroom include:
- “snake plant” Which is similar to aloe and is characterized by the absorption of carbon dioxide and the excretion of oxygen in abundance at night, which helps to breathe during sleep, within the framework of a healthy environment.
- “Hydra” climbing in nature; Grown in pots, it looks good flowing.
- aloe It purifies the air and pumps a lot of oxygen, making this aloe the best choice for the roommate who complains of breathing problems or insomnia.
- “fix” A shrub known for its large green (or dark green) colored leaves, and it is multi-branched. The shrub grows to a height of about a meter or more. It is worth noting that there are different types of “Ficus”, the shrub characterized by the different colors of its leaves according to genetic mutations, it can be green-black or white with green tinged, as if it were a wonderful divine painting painted in watercolor ! As for the unopened leaves, they appear as red pods, and achieve an attractive contrast in terms of color, with green. The known types of “Fix” include: the rubber plant, including a type with red leaves called “ruby”, or the “elephant ear” type.
- “botus” A beautiful plant, especially when used in hanging pots, so that the leaves hang from it. There are many types of botus; Some of them have inscriptions. It is preferable to use the mentioned plant, in the bathroom attached to the bedroom, because the humidity is suitable for it.
- peace lilies It is a flowering plant that is pleasant to look at and purifies the air of toxic substances.
- The works in the photos were designed by interior designer Nada Shehab.
Follow more: Orange in modern decorations