- The interior designer prepares the house according to the needs of the client to create a comfortable environment
- I am very keen on the quality of implementation and delivery method.. and 3D imaging helped to shorten the time
- There are several stages of interior design, starting with the receipt of the architectural plan and ending with implementation and delivery
- The designer’s continuous knowledge of the latest trends in interior decoration helps him to develop and innovate
- Many young Kuwaiti men and women work in interior design. Technology has greatly advanced the field
- The different cultures between Arabs and the West cause different tastes and each has its own character in design and implementation
Interview conducted by: Alaa Khalifa
He entered the world of interior design by pure chance and by a commercial mind, so he loved the field and was creative and exceptional in it. He believes that the most important characteristic of the interior designer is punctuality and quality in design, implementation and delivery . , as he sees that the different tastes between East and West are due to different cultures. «alanba» met the interior designer Abdul Rahman Al-Nasr Allah, who told us about the interior design and the design stages, pointing out the importance of 3D imaging, which contributed to shorten a lot of time between the designer and the client . Al-Nasrallah spoke in particular about the Gulf and Kuwaiti taste and what distinguishes it from the Western taste, and pointed to the development of interior decoration in Kuwait from the past and how modern technology contributed to bring about this change. On the other side of the meeting, Nasrallah referred to the problems facing their work, especially during the Corona pandemic, from which they are still suffering to this day, and addressed his advice to young designers involved in the work field of interior decoration. to ensure success and excellence, and the following are the details of the dialogue.
First, tell us about your beginnings and why you specifically chose the field of interior design?
In fact, I did not study interior design as a study, and the subject started with me as a commercial thought that the market needs interior design, in addition, I had a taste and sense for interior design, and before entering this field have worked in various fields including the field of banking and investment and administrative positions in various government agencies and I entered the field of Interior Design as a purely commercial field and after a while I supervised the sites and the work of the employees followed. and extract ideas and I was constantly aware of everything new in the world of interior design and how to achieve the client’s mindset of knowing what he wants and trying to implement it in a way that matches my ideas and suggestions fit, which creates a state of satisfaction for me The clients announced the final implementation of the project, and after a while I felt a love and passion for the field of interior design, which creates a state of desire for creativity and created innovation and to add something new to this world. I took many training courses in the field of interior design and mingled with designers in Kuwait.
Want to highlight the interior design?
There is an urgent need for interior decoration in every home, and the Corona crisis has contributed to the discovery of the defects from which our homes suffer, especially during the presence of people in their homes for long periods during the total and partial ban, which they needed. an interior designer to give aesthetic touches to their homes according to their needs and requirements, and currently with the development Technological, the client searches the Internet, looks at designs and decorations, creates a specific vision for his home, and then sits with the designer to exchange opinions and ideas to achieve the final design that will be implemented on the ground.
In recent years, the role of the interior designer has become very important in every home and cannot be dispensed with, but is urgently needed, and the interior designer prepares the home according to the needs of the customer to create a comfortable environment. create in the house.
What are the stages of interior design?
The design phases start with the designer receiving an architectural plan from the engineering company, and then the designer distributes furniture, electricity points, sewer points and lighting, and then the designer develops new ideas that suit the customer’s needs, and then the customer chooses his favorite colors, according to His taste in choosing colors.
Tell us about 3D imaging of projects, and has it contributed positively to the world of interior decoration?
3D imaging has helped to significantly shorten the time. In the past, the designer might have been able to explain a point to the client, but he understood it in a different way. As for 3D imaging, it allowed the client to see his project and design as if it were an outlet in front of him on the ground, which shortened a lot of time and effort between the designer and the client.
What makes you special and different from other interior designers?
What makes an interior designer different from other designers is his idea, distinction, creativity and innovation in this field, and his ability to understand and add the requirements and needs of the client in line with the developments of the modern era . For me, the main thing that distinguishes me is the great interest in quality and the final delivery method of the project.
Where do you get your inspiration for designs? Is it your personal taste, listening to the customer’s wishes, or a combination of this and that?
Of course, there must be a consensus between the client’s opinions, desires, needs and requirements, as well as the designer’s ideas and suggestions, which he considers appropriate for the implementation of the project.. Attracting modern, advanced and innovative ideas, as well as the multiplicity of materials used gives the designer inspiration during the implementation of the project.
Do you have a specific working mechanism that you follow in the implementation of your projects to achieve the greatest customer satisfaction?
* Accuracy in the delivery dates of projects and the quality of implementation is the most prominent thing that achieves customer satisfaction from the designers, and this is what we try to follow as much as possible and according to the surrounding circumstances, given that the delivery dates were not in the hands of the designer during periods of total and partial bans, for example during the Corona pandemic.
How do you rate the evolution of interior design in Kuwait from the past? Has technology contributed to this development?
* Technology has certainly greatly contributed to the development of the world of interior decoration, and currently most customers enter social networking sites, and see modern designs, and based on which they build their ideas and needs that they discuss with interior designers, to complete their projects to implement accurately, so from my point of view, Technological development has become very fast, and the evidence is the proliferation of young designers, whether men or women in Kuwait, and now they work in all fields of work and not only in design companies, and we see Kuwaiti designers who works in carpentry in Shuwaikh.
What are the problems your work is currently facing, especially after the Corona pandemic, which has also been accompanied by a lack of work?
* The Corona pandemic certainly created several problems that we still suffer from today and it has not ended, and the damage was not only to the owners of the companies, but also to the customers themselves, especially during the periods of total and partial bans, and the accompanying complete closure, some customers appreciated the situation, but there are customers who did not appreciate it and did not understand. They expressed their dissatisfaction about the delay in the delivery of their projects, and we are still held responsible for those problems, and currently the costs have increased than before, and the wages of workers have increased, but there are customers who do not like those changes understood what accompanied the Corona crisis, as well as the problem of lack of materials than before, with some customers not looking for alternative materials.
If we compare the interior decoration in the East and West, specifically the Kuwaiti and Gulf taste, what differentiates it from the West?
* It only relates to different cultures. In the Arabian Gulf, we rely on a special character, especially the heritage character in the designs. As for the West, they have a different tendency that matches the nature of their lives. We find that their designs depend on the shapes of churches and museums, but in the Gulf character we also find a focus on the heritage character The Moroccan style, which is preferred by many of the Gulf.
We also want to talk about competition in the local market and the criteria on which prices differ?
The competition is related to the style of work, and we have several designers in Kuwait, some of whom work in furniture fairs, and some of them turn to the technical aspect related to implementation, and competition exists in the market and it is an honorable competition governed by morals. Personally, I am one of those loving designers to support all designers if they ask me to do so, with love and appreciation.
What are your tips for young interior designers based on your practical experience?
Advise them to first study the client’s personality, needs and requirements so that he can find a balance between them and his ideas as a designer, his opinions and his suggestions To the need for the designer to be calm, open-minded and tactful in speech , and the designer must be constantly informed to know the latest trends in interior decoration to keep up with the times.
Finally, do you think that the need in Kuwait has become urgent to implement projects for entertainment cities, especially after the closure of most of the entertainment and tourist spots in Kuwait recently?
Yes, Kuwait has an urgent need to establish entertainment cities and tourist spots that are needed by young people, adults and the youth, and explains that the youth category in Kuwait has become the oppressed group in leisure places and emphasizes the importance of leisure places to harness the energy of young people and fill their free time in useful matters, which shows the spread of violence and quarrels Recently in Kuwait due to the oppression in which most young people live and the lack of entertainment and tourist places, and it is true that there are many sports places in Kuwait , but not all young people are athletes, there is a large group that needs places to relax.
Nasrallah on social media
To communicate with the designer, Abdul Rahman Al-Nasrallah via social media:
Zaha Hadid – may God have mercy on her – is a legend that will not be repeated in the world of architectural design
Interior designer Abd al-Rahman al-Nasrallah said during the meeting that one of the influential figures in his life was the Iraqi architect Zaha Hadid, “may God have mercy on her.” Architectural masterpieces and she was very creative in her work, which made her a source of strength for him personally, pointing out that Zaha Hadid is a legend in architectural design that the Arabs will not repeat.
A letter of thanks, appreciation and pride to the designer Latifa Al-Qenai
Nasrallah sent a letter of thanks, appreciation and pride to the designer, Latifa Fouad Al-Qena’i, who was one of his strongest supporters and supported him a lot in his beginnings and encouraged him to enroll in training courses at the area of interior decoration, and says: “He who does not thank people does not thank God.” From the world of design, the glory to God Almighty is due to the designer Latifa Al-Qanai.