Dr. Sherif Fakhry Muhammad Abd al-Nabi, President of the Egyptian Russian University in Cairo “ERU”, announced that the university’s board of trustees, led by dr. Muhammad Kamal Mustafa, issued a decision to “Dr. Safia Taha Mahmoud al- to be appointed. Qabbani,” professor of mural painting and former Dean of the Faculty of Fine Arts, Helwan University, as an advisor to the president The University of Visual Arts. cadres within the university campus to consolidate and transfer “academic sciences in visual arts”; For university students in specialized programs, especially the faculties “Fine Arts, Applied Arts and Engineering”; To contribute to the affairs of community services in the regional environment of the university campus and to meet the general taste in the community.
The president of the Egyptian Russian University in Cairo “ERU” indicated that the university has a variety of programs in the field of visual arts through the faculties of “Fine Arts, Applied Arts and Engineering” such as: “drawing, photography, printing” , sculpture and mosaic, photography and video, filmmaking.” graphic design, ceramics, glass, fashion and interior design, textile engineering and architecture”; This makes the Egyptian Russian University a destination for students in academic education. and for all forms of visual arts and to prepare qualified human cadres to lead jobs in the future, and to add new scientific disciplines to keep up with modern developments and challenges; To achieve competitiveness in the labor market.
It is worth noting that Dr. Safia Al-Qabbani, professor of mural painting and former Dean of the Faculty of Fine Arts, Helwan University, obtained the following certificates:
– Bachelor’s degree from the Faculty of Fine Arts, Photography, 1988.
– Master of Fine Arts, Painting “My Mural Division” – “Ancient Egyptian murals and the advantage of some of their symbols in modern Egyptian murals” (1993).
– Ph.D. at the Faculty of Fine Arts, Department of Painting, Department of Mural Painting, entitled: “Conservation of Mural Paintings through Modern Painting Methods” Helwan University (1996).
She has membership in:
1. Membership of the Education Committee of the National Council for Women 9/2017.
2. Member of the jury of the architectural competition to represent Egypt in the exhibition of the Venice International Biennale of Architecture, session (16) for the year 2018, in civil coordination.
3. Member of the Presidium of the “Cultural Festival to Support Development and Deny Violence and Terrorism” at the African Economic Council 2017.
4. Member of the Higher Scientific Committee for Promotion of Professors in the Supreme Council of Universities from 2016-2019.
5. Member of the National Committee for the Development and Protection of Cairo Heritage 2017.
6. Member of the Cultural Coordination Murals Committee 2017.
7. Member of the Committee for Murals and Statues in the Urban Coordination Organization 2017.
8. Member of the Arts Sector Committee of the Supreme Council of Universities 2015-2018.
9. Member of the Helwan University Council 2014-2018.
10. Chairman of the Board of the College of Fine Arts 2014-2018.
11. Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Quality Assurance Unit at the college 2015-2018.
12. Decision of the Employment Forum Helwan University 2014-2015-2017.
13. Decision of the Committee on Community Service and Environmental Development Matters, Faculty of Fine Arts, 2009-2014.
14. Member of the Environment and Community Service Council at Helwan University 2009-2014.
15. Member of the College of Fine Arts Council 2009-2014.
16. Member of the Council for Postgraduate Studies, College of Fine Arts 2009-2010.
17. Member of the Education and Student Council, College of Fine Arts 2009-2014.
18. Member of the Aesthetic Committee, College of Fine Arts 2012-2017.
19. Member of the Council of the Painting Department, Faculty of Fine Arts 1997-2017.
20. Member of the Board of the Department of Art History 2010-2012.
21. Decision of the Crisis and Disaster Committee, Faculty of Fine Arts 2009-2014.
22. Rapporteur of the Museums and Exhibitions Committee, Faculty of Fine Arts 2009-2014
23. Member of the Board of Directors of the Quality Assurance Unit at the college 2009-2014.
24. Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors of Special Units 2009-2014.
25. Member of the Social Communication Committee at Helwan University and participates in the project to develop slums, Helwan Neighborhood 2014.
26. Member of the tripartite committees of the Faculties of Fine Arts 2010-2014.
27. Member of the expert committee to review the strategic plan, Helwan University 2014.
28. Member of the Strategic Planning Committee, Faculty of Fine Arts, 2009-2014.
29. Member of the Women’s Committee of the Fine Arts Syndicate, previously 2009-2011.
30. Member of the Syndicate of Fine Artists 1988.
31. Member of the College of Fine Arts Alumni Association 2012.
32. Member of the Executive Office of the Arab Art Associations “Federation of Arab Universities” 2013.
33. Member of the AMIC International Association of Mosaic Artists in Italy 2012.
34. Member of the Association of People with Disabilities and Autism 2014.
35. Member of the Community Services Committee from the Environment Council to support and work with slum convoys in Helwan, attached to the Environment Council at Helwan University 2014.
36. Member of the Egyptian Academic Society for Environmental Development 2012.
37. Member of the Committee for Plastic Art and Architecture, the Supreme Council of Culture.
38. Deputy Chairman of the State Procurement Committee, Ministry of Culture.
39. Member of the State Awards Committee, Ministry of Culture.
40. Member of the Arts Sector Committee, Supreme Council of Universities.
41. Member of the Arts and Soft Power Committee, the National Council for Women 2020.
42. Member of the College of Fine Arts Council 2019-2020.
43. Member of the Postgraduate Studies Committee, College of Fine Arts 2020-2021.
44. Member of the Committee for Plastic Art and Architecture, Supreme Council of Culture 2020-2021.
45. Member of the Higher Committee, Luxor Symposium for Photography, Cultural Development Fund, Ministry of Culture, 2020-2021.
46. Member of the Supreme Committee of the Sculpture Symposium in Aswan, Cultural Development Fund, Ministry of Culture, 2020-2021.
47. Member of the Supreme Committee for the organization of festivals, Ministry of Culture 2020-2021.
48. Vice-Chairman of the Committee for Artistic Acquisitions at the Ministry of Culture 2020-2021.
49. Member of the Al-Ghouri Ceremony Committee 2021.
50. Reporter of the State Incentive Award Committee at the Ministry of Culture 2020-2021.
51. Member of the Supreme Committee of the Supreme Council of Culture 2020-2021.
52. Member of the Diversity Committee for Festivals, Ministry of Culture 2020-2021.
53. Member of the jury for the Innovation Award of the Ministry of Youth and Sports 2019.
54. Decision of the Jury Committee for Art Centres, Ministry of Youth and Sports 2021.
55. Member of the Higher Committee of the National University of Ain Shams University.
56. Member of the Art and Music Education Sector Committee of the Supreme Council of Universities 2015-2018 and 2020-2021.
57. Member of the Technical Syndicate Legislation Committee at the Ministry of Solidarity 2020-2021.
It is worth noting that “Dr. Safiya Al-Qabbani” held the following positions and occupations:
Teaching assistant at the Faculty of Fine Arts, Minia University, 1993.
Assistant Lecturer, Faculty of Fine Arts, Minia University, 1993.
Instructor at the Faculty of Fine Arts in Cairo (1997).
– Assistant Professor, Department of Photography, Section of Mural Painting (2002).
– Professor of murals, Department of Photography (2007).
Vice Dean for Community Service and Environmental Development (2009: 2012).
Acting Head of Department of Photography (2013).
Vice Dean for Community Service and Environmental Development (2012: 2015).
Acting Dean of the Faculty of Fine Arts from October (2015): April (2015).
Dean of the Faculty of Fine Arts, Helwan University (2015: 2018).
– General Syndicate of Fine Artists (2020).
It is worth noting that the functional experiences of Dr. Safia Al-Qabbani in quality assurance and qualification for accreditation:
1. Obtaining the academic accreditation of the college from the National Authority for Quality Assurance. 2017
2. Coordinator of the sixth and seventh standards “Development of financial and human resources in the college and community service” QAAp2.
3. Coordinator of the seventh objective “effective development of the pioneering role of the College of Fine Arts in community participation and the environment” and the eighth objective “development of financial resources and increasing the capacity for continuous development in light of the strategic plan through the Ciqap project.
4. Supervision of and work on the program work file, description and course report for undergraduate and postgraduate students, Department of Photography 2013.
5. Work as an internal auditor on the programs of the Painting Department, Murals Department 2013/2014.
6. Supervision of and participation in the work of the list of credit hours for the undergraduate degree, Department of Photography 2013.
7. Preparation of a resource development plan for the College of Fine Arts. 2015-2017
8. Preparation of a community service plan at the Faculty of Fine Arts 2009-2014.
9. Member of the Strategic Plan Committee of the College of Fine Arts, 2015-2017
10. Participation of the expert committee and the strategic plan for community service at Helwan University. 2016
11. Apply and obtain accreditation from the National Quality Assurance Authority as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Quality Assurance Unit, 2017.