The personality of a child is a set of characteristics that make him different or unique, and it is a strong and influential factor in determining how he will interact with those around him and the world in the future. These qualities that parents cannot change, but they can recognize, acknowledge and respect them, by getting close to their child and guiding him – religiously, behaviorally and morally – to prepare a mentally, physically and psychologically healthy person. The meeting with Dr. Fatima Al-Shennawi, Professor of Psychology, to review personality patterns in children and how to deal with them.
4 Models of personality in children
First, we find that the nature of females is different from males; Females need more attention and care than trust, unlike males; And so you find the needs of each of them and the way we deal with them will vary accordingly.
- The child is sensitive.. He needs to be heard and understood.. A cooperative child, kind, compassionate, appreciates the feelings of others, but is considered the most sensitive to criticism and insults and complains the most.. It is difficult to to start anew. friendships quickly, although he is very loyal in his current friendships and maintains them … It is useful when dealing with this child to use phrases that indicate that we hear him well and fully understand his feelings; It makes him realize that we are all on common ground and that he has won our sympathy.
- The adjusted child needs routine and order He is a patient, calm and sluggish child He prefers his life to be at a certain pace and a clear routine, to feel safe; That there is time to sleep, eat, play, and….., and the adaptable child resists new situations in which he does not expect what will happen.. He must tell him what he must do to be more reassuring to be and cooperative, and it is better not to ask him, but to motivate him and tell him what to do He has to do it, and don’t force him either.
- The active child..and this leader child tends to be the dominant, intelligent and reliable, who really needs to care, praise and appreciate his successes without exaggeration, and to forgive his mistakes and not punish or intimidate him not, he learns from his mistakes because he is active and makes many mistakes.. and on Parents must have a strong and determined character, free from hesitation and weakness; Because this child follows a confident leader and wants to be like him.
- The chaotic motor child.. he is adventurous and loves excitement, enjoys a wide imagination, is fun and social, and makes friends easily.. he needs distraction and direction.. but he resists focus, so you will him gets angry if you ask him to, for example, put on a coat or shoes, or do any task that requires him to focus. He quickly switches between activities and without completing tasks, leaves the place in a mess, and is often distracted, as he may be busy putting blocks together, until he abandons it and loses his focus.
Learn more: How do I raise my only child?
4 personality styles.. the fun loving child
- The playful child is enthusiastic, bright and social.. His times are full of ideas and it is funny and moving. Sometimes his energy can be seen as a mistake, when for example he does not want to sit, or when he interrupts you with his thoughts to share.
- But parents and family like this excitement and don’t see it as a mistake, and it helps them develop into happy, creative adults. The fun-loving kid’s motto is: I have a new idea and we can do it.
- Learn more: “Psychological escape” for teenage girls: its causes, signs and treatment methods
Fun baby character traits
- Curious, likes to touch and explore.
- He likes noise, laugh and play..Creative and imaginative and doesn’t like imitation.
- He is eager to please others, and loves when others are happy.
- He has many friends.
Ways to contact them
- Praise their good ideas and encourage them to share those ideas with others.
- Be understanding…when he starts doing something and then suddenly decides to give it up, it’s a process of exploring what works for him.
- Enjoy with him! Drop to his level or join his creative game.
- Be grateful for the positive energy he tries to bring into the family.
- Give them the freedom to explore and test their creativity and ideas.
- Learn more: How do we raise the level of simple thinking in children?
- A sensitive child has a calm and natural personality, and is often called the “peacemaker” of the family because he does not like conflict.
- A sensitive child rocks with tender emotions, is usually calmer, often asks to “speak louder” or “hurry up” and does things on his own time.
- A parent may feel frustrated when he asks his child to clean his room, only to return after 15 minutes to find him without doing so. When you get to know your child’s innate “sensitive” personality, it helps you understand why he does the things he does.. The sensitive child’s motto: I’ll look at it, look at it, then make a plan.
Characteristics of a child with a sensitive personality
- He has a calm demeanor.
- He likes planning and planning can sometimes take a long time.
- Anxious, likes to know every situation so he can prepare for it.
- The inconsistency in the house bothers them a lot.
The best way to communicate with a sensitive child
- Because their feelings are very delicate and sensitive, they must be protected from criticism and ridicule.
- Make him feel safe, let him know that you are there for him and always with him in any situation.
- Do not introduce him to something new without explaining it to him in detail, until he starts to respond to you, either with questions or by asking his ideas. He is a good listener and does not forget.
- Give him a quiet place so that he has a room that your sensitive child can go into when things are going crazy for him.
- Don’t push him to be more open, he will try things his own way.
The child is strong-willed; designer
- This type of child is the most noticeable, and is stubborn by nature, prefers physical activity and will often rebel against orders to do something his own way.
- He is usually told to “calm down” or “stop demanding it.” The strong-willed child’s motto is: (Let’s get results).
Characteristics of a strong-willed child
- He has a strong will.. He pursues several big goals at once.
- The most energetic and adventurous character, always ready to go, do and explore.
- Always want to try leadership positions at school, at home or while playing.
- It motivates itself, and does not need stimulation from others.
- Short, clear and direct.
The best way to communicate with a strong-willed child
- Don’t let your stubborn personality come into conflict with your child’s stubborn personality.. Instead of fighting for control, try to give the strong-willed child more freedom to discover for himself.. Talk to him about his goals , encourages his confidence and passion.. Instead of asking, “Do you think this is a good idea?” or “I’m excited for you, and I’m here to help!”
- He is the child who tends to be more serious, logical, independent and focused.
- People often wonder how “mature they are for their age”. They have power over many things and enjoy perfection.
- The Capricorn child’s motto is: (Let’s see what it is, let’s analyze it, I know a way to make it better).
Capricorn child personality traits
- Not as light and playful as other children.
- Be rigid and inflexible when it comes to homework.
- He or she represents innate perfection.
- Often he starts with criticism, before making his suggestion to improve something.
- He likes to arrange things (toy cars, crayons, etc.) in his own way.
The best way to communicate with a Capricorn child
- Connecting with him mentally before connecting emotionally is understanding what he’s thinking instead of knowing his feelings. He loves and appreciates the respect of adults for him; Let him know that you respect his thoughts and opinions, and speak in logical language that he understands when you communicate with him.
Note from “Madam Net”: Before applying this recipe or this treatment, you must consult a specialized doctor.