The bedroom is an essential space in the house. Therefore, the design takes into account the function of the aforementioned place, i.e. to give its occupant comfort and tranquility, through decorations of well-thought-out colors. In this context, madam, interior designer Nada Shehab, looks at the modern colors that calm the feature of the master bedroom.
6 colors in the bedroom
There are six colors that can make the bedroom a relaxing space:
1 white: The use of color is repeated in the space, for its role of imprinting it with purity, transparency and ease. One of the advantages of color in decoration, especially when the walls are painted with white paint, is the suggestion that the room is spacious, no matter how narrow it is. Moreover, white is compatible with all colors, but in the context of bedroom decorations, the architect Nada Shehab asks to choose shades of gray (or blue) with white.
2 Sukkari (off-white): It creates the desired state of relaxation in the space, as it harmonizes with most colors, especially shades of brown (or green or blue). In this context, the engineer recommends choosing sugar as a color for curtains, furniture and textiles in the bedroom.
3 gray: The color helps to bring warmth, calm and tranquility to the bedroom, along with other earth tones. It is worth noting that painting the walls of the room in gray makes it necessary to choose quiet furniture in terms of colors.
4 green: It is one of the cool colors that symbolize nature, and helps to provide calmness and serenity in the bedroom.
5 lavender color: It is preferred in the bedroom, and it is a light and calm shade of violet. The color of lavender relaxes the eyes, especially when mixed with ivory, light gray or white…
6 blue: The gradations of indigo, cyan and turquoise are suitable for bedroom decorations, as they achieve psychological comfort and help to keep insomnia, tension and sleep problems away from the occupant of the room.
Follow more: Basic rules for choosing sofas for the living room
Break the monotony
Therefore, when the designer sets his sights on preparing quiet decorations for the bedroom, it does not mean that the latter will look monotonous, but rather the designer intends to complete the quiet scene related to the basic principles of decoration and large furniture. , with home accessories to break boredom. In this context, Engineer Nada asks that the following points be taken care of:
- Choosing a piece of furniture loaded with more than one color or type of fabric, with coordination between the above piece and other accessories in the bedroom, which includes: a large-sized painting (or a group of paintings of various sizes) and floor cushions covered with covers made of various textures and colors, It is embedded with beads (or crystals). Cushions are placed on the carpet, in the middle of the room, opposite or to the side of the bed, or even near the window with the aim of preparing a reading or relaxation area in the bedroom.
- Pay attention to lighting, which is the “key” to successful decoration, because lighting makes any room more alive. In the bedroom, modern lighting units look luxurious.
- It is known that the walls determine the general atmosphere of the room, therefore it is not necessary that they be painted in their entirety, in one color, but rather the wallpaper differentiates the decorations of one of the walls.
Follow more: Modern models of kitchen curtains
Fashionable bedroom furniture
The following furniture characterizes the contemporary bedroom:
- The bed with a headboard that improves its view, in addition to the role of the headboard to comfort the reclining person, especially while reading or using the smart tablet or the phone… In addition to this, finally, there is the low bed , which is equipped with frames upholstered on its sides with suede.
- According to popular fashion, the bed cover today is no less important than before, and it is made of healthy cotton.
- Cabinets and tables, in turn, are known for their great load-bearing capacity.
- The engineer asks that it is important to coordinate the colors of the different pieces of furniture, as well as to choose parquet for the floor and distinctive carpets.
Ornamental plant in the bedrooms
Ornamental plants imbue the bedroom with vitality and make its occupant happy. Plants used in the contemporary bedroom include:
- “snake plant” Which is similar to aloe and is characterized by the fact that it absorbs carbon dioxide and secretes an abundance of oxygen at night, which helps to breathe during sleep, within the framework of a healthy environment.
- “hydra” of a climbing character; It is grown in pots to look great draped.
- Aloe vera It purifies the air and pumps out an abundance of oxygen, making this aloe the best choice for the room occupant who complains of breathing problems or insomnia.
- “fix” A shrub known for its large leaves that are colored green (or dark green), and it has many branches. The bush grows to a height of about a meter or more. It is worth noting that there are different types of ficus, a shrub distinguished by the different colors of its leaves, depending on genetic mutations. It can be blackish-green or white with green, like a beautiful watercolor painting! As for the unopened leaves, they appear as red pods, and achieve an attractive color contrast with the green. The famous “Fix” types include: the rubber plant, including a type with red leaves called “Ruby”, or the “elephant ear” type.
- Bots A beautiful plant, especially when used in hanging pots, so that the leaves hang from them. There are many types of Botos; Some of them are engraved. It is preferable to use the above plant in the bathroom next to the bedroom, because the humidity is suitable for it.
- Peace lilies It is a flowering plant that is pleasant to look at and purifies the air of toxic substances.
- The works in the photos were designed by interior designer Nada Shehab.
Follow more: orange in modern decorations