Good coordination of the space that the child occupies to sleep, play and study is effective in making him spend most of the time in it, especially since the aforementioned place is an attractive space that offers him comfort and safety. The design must therefore meet the needs and requirements of its occupant, regardless of his age.
The design of the child’s bedroom can escape the restrictions imposed by work on other spaces in the house, such as the living corner or the living room, and include vibrant colors and a combination of patterns, in harmony with the whims of the room occupant, with the ultimate goal of creating a space that stimulates imagination, inspires him and develops his skills And is eager to spend time in it. In this context, madam, from the interior designer Najat Al-Hajj, looks at the instructions for designing bedrooms for young and even teenage age groups, whether the occupant of the space is male or female.
Follow more: Unusual furniture for art, mystery and environment lovers
Al-Hajj says that with the interest in the cheerful cartoons that attract the child, who chooses to accompany him in his space, there are several factors that require importance to the place, and they focus on:
• Simplicity: Simple decoration in the space is of course successful, especially with setting aside empty spaces that may later house an additional piece of furniture or accessory.
• Low bed: It is suitable for all young ages, for its role in providing safety.
Reading corner: If the space allows its presence, it must be equipped with a comfortable low seat (pouf), with a good choice of lighting for it, and the distribution of shelves in proportion to the child’s height, so that he knows independence . and get to his stuff without asking for help.
• Play area: It is recommended to add elements that give fun and release energy in the room, such as: a large board to write on, ropes to climb, a tent to read in or a swing.
• Lighting: its main role in the decoration, and this applies to the child’s bedroom. In this context, Al-Hajj asks to light the upper and lower areas of the bed, and to choose forms of lighting that allow the child to imagine, such as taking the form of stars that glow in the dark, or to add sparkling material. to the lighting units.
• The empty space: every corner of the room must be used, so that the child can easily move in it. In this context, two family couples choose to be placed on top of each other, in the narrow room occupied by two children, so that they can play.
• Storage units: It is important to provide storage units in the child’s bedroom, regardless of his age, because at this age there are many clothes, items and school supplies… Therefore, the bed is provided with drawers in its lower part, or the choice is concentrated on a wardrobe with multiple shelves and drawers, with the help of shelves Exposed cabinets or small closed cabinets, which help to keep the space tidy.
• Wallpaper: It adds attractiveness to the room, and expands its decor with vitality, especially if its patterns are not exaggerated, thus “calming down” the strong (joyful) colors used. An indication that in the presence of wallpaper with strong (or light) prints, the surface does not support the shelves (or cabinets).
Colors play a prominent role in the lives of young people, but the rule that defined pink for girls and blue for boys is a thing of the past. On the other hand, it is advisable to see the range of popular contemporary attractive colors including: yellow, white, blue, mint green and dark violet, in addition to all bohemian colors such as caramel, pink and earthy and natural colors that suggest jungles, while thinking about it to use colors that can be combined with each other. Colors are used in details, especially the bedspread, curtain, carpet and accessories, away from fixed furniture.
If a boy and a girl share the same room, the colors that please both sexes include: green, violet, white, yellow and light blue, according to al-Hajj. As for the narrow room, the colors play a major role when used properly to suggest that the space is larger in size, especially the lights, with the distribution of mirrors and rationing in the number of furniture, and its choice for multiple uses.
A bedroom that reflects the interests of its occupant
Both male and female adolescents need to emphasize their identity in the space they occupy, with a tendency to choose strong, dark colors, especially black and fuchsia. In this space, she invites the pilgrim to use the desired colors on a wall in the space, which includes works of art that reflect his whims, with the addition of details, such as a “poof” that takes an unknown shape, or a multi-patterned and colored chair. Usually, the room that is a place to sleep, study and spend time reflects the whims of its inhabitant, and therefore it is necessary that it contains at least one purpose that expresses his interests, or that it is reflected in the decoration ( wallpaper about, for example, football), in addition to the presence of storage spaces, To maintain its arrangement, with a preference for hidden furniture for dual use in it, such as a bed that turns into a sofa, and an office table that comes out of ‘ a library branch.
Follow more: ways to arrange and arrange natural flowers at home