Good choice of materials, textures and colors is the starting point for designing a bedroom that looks like a luxury hotel suite. In this context, Seema Ahmed Al-Mansoori, the architect, interior designer and CEO of IFA Interior Design Company, looked at specific points to make the bedroom luxurious and comfortable, simulating spending time in a five-star hotel.
Modern design of bedrooms
Modern design points related to the design of the luxury bedroom include:
• Use wood panels (or wallpaper) for wall cladding.
• To adopt neutral colors for the place or those stills, such as shades of blue in general, or any other color that expresses the personality of the occupant of the room.
• Away from the choice of large furniture and accessories with decorations, as in the classic style.
• Care of the ceiling or (the fifth wall), as mentioned by Eng. Mansouri, and the floors.
• Pay attention to the method of distributing furniture in a way that utilizes the space as much as possible, especially the place that receives the bed, the most important piece in the bedroom.
• Achieving consistency between the room’s equipment, such as the bed and its accessories, wardrobes, tables, the dressing area – if any – and the bathroom and the sitting area. In this context, says Eng. Al-Mansoori, “The designer must find suitable solutions for everything that can create a sense of discomfort in the place, such as circumventing the height of the ceiling by adding a long vertical board that visually helps to limit the ceiling reduce height, and focus on making the space balanced.” And she adds that “chaos is absent in the hotel room, as there are no unnecessary items on the table or side tables,” pointing out that the secret of comfort that the hotel units convey to the same guest may be due to the adoption of neutral or earthy colors or shades of gray, away from stark colors.
Follow more: Shop for luxury contemporary home accessories
The dressing area of the master bedroom contains the door, glass cabinets and places to store accessories, perfume bottles, bags and shoes. In this space, lighting plays the most prominent role, especially when it is distributed around the mirrors, in addition to the hidden lighting distributed between the shelves of the cabinets. It is preferable that the clothes corner has an acceptable area, which allows the woman to move freely in it. In the case of a lack of the necessary space, it is preferable to see from the corner, while making do with wall cabinets.
Attention is drawn to every detail of the bedroom in the bathroom, to complete the opulent decor palette. In this context, it is not preferable that the bathroom door faces the entrance to the bedroom, with the importance of studying the needs of space, in terms of lighting, the method of distribution of tools and their number. Note that the presence of the bathtub requires a special arrangement, and the same applies if the occupant of the room requests to add an ablution corner with low sinks, with a careful study of the locations of pipes, wires, air conditioning openings and air intakes. , and work to hide it, taking into account the wall decor and the quality of the floors.
One of the ideas that can be inspired by hotels with contemporary design is the glass bathroom that is open to the room, if some consider the aforementioned design impractical. It is also useful to learn about new technologies in the production of materials used in the place to ensure the greatest degree of comfort and safety, such as anti-slip materials in certain places or those that are anti-moisture. However, marble pieces with different shapes and veining prevail in the luxurious bathrooms, which are equipped with accessories and rich in details, such as: hidden lighting, taking into account the harmony with the colors and materials of the bedroom.
It is preferable to allocate space in the bedroom to accommodate its resident’s hobbies, such as a quiet reading corner near the window. The corner is furnished with a comfortable chair, with an armrest, and simple shelves for books, in addition to a corner for coffee and the preparation of soft drinks, near the session.
One of the ideas: place a small desk in the room, which is a table with lighting suitable for writing or doing simple work.
The bed must be 180 x 200 cm in size, and its back must be part of the wall, so it must extend over the entire bed, which is upholstered or covered with wallpaper. On the other hand, some prefer the bed without the back, so that the design work is concentrated on the wall behind it.
Bed accessories, such as the mattress, pillows and cover, should be given the effort to think and plan, bearing in mind that these items will not need to be replaced in the short term. In this context, the selection focuses on soft, comfortable and luxurious fabrics, especially American white cotton for sheets, which is softer, with more washing times, and suitable for all seasons of the year. An indication that most hotels often choose white for bed sheets, towels and bathrobes.
On the side of pillows, it is recommended to use more than one type, size and color for them and then arrange them in such a way that they emphasize the clear contrast in the type of material and decorations, without flooding the bed with them. . In this context, feather pillows look luxurious, but they are not suitable for individuals who complain of allergies. In addition, pillows covered with covers of natural silk or satin have benefits for the skin and hair, since they preserve the moisture of the latter and prevent the appearance of wrinkles …
The cover, in turn, keeps the bed clean, and also determines the character of the room, especially when a luxurious one is chosen. In this regard, there is a group of suitable fabrics, such as: satin, silk, organza, and hand-embroidered fabrics decorated with stones.
It is worth coordinating between the material and color of the curtains, and that of the bed covers. In general, blackout curtains are suitable for the bedroom, or those with multiple layers (a thick layer and a transparent one) to block direct sunlight and gain privacy. Note that long curtains spread intimacy in the place.
Regarding curtain sizes, it is necessary to consider the size of the room when detailing.
The size and design of the carpet is one of the factors that influence the preparation of a balanced and warm decor, and even defines the sections in the bedroom, such as when a carpet is spread in the private session attached to the bed , and make the piece perimeter. of it extends to the bottom. It is known that there are different forms of carpets; Including rectangular, circular or oval, each of them is selected according to the shape and sections of the room.
Because relaxation is the main goal of bedroom design, lighting should be considered important because it is influential in this context, taking into account ensuring a balanced amount of it, either directly or sideways that allows the occupant of the room to read before he sleeps, or which sheds light on elements precious objects in the room, such as sculptures, pictures and paintings, without neglecting the role of natural lighting.
In the following, a group of mistakes related to bedroom lighting:
• The distribution of lighting units, spaced from each other according to specific distances, which reduces the quality of lighting, thus giving a gloomy atmosphere to the room, with high consumption of electric current. On the other hand, it is always recommended to choose additional lighting units that focus on specific elements.
• The desired lighting design may not match the bedroom decor, or it may be installed in a wrong way so that it emits little light.
• Neglecting the importance of shadows. For example: placing the lighting unit above the head results in the entire face being covered, making it difficult to make up on the table. The order applies to all workplaces, such as: the office, if any.
• Resort to lighting that is colored in stark colors or that white. On the other hand, warm white lighting is suitable for the place or that yellow, regardless of its degree.
Follow more: Sofa designs for the contemporary living room