beirut- Parents should take advantage of Eid al-Adha to celebrate it with their children because of its special joy, and also let them know that Eid is not only about buying new clothes, receiving gifts and visiting relatives .To help the needy and the poor.
Eid Al-Adha should be celebrated in a unique and innovative way to make the child happy, and it can be done with simple, beautiful and fun ideas.
The educational counselor, Rana Al-Sayed, believes that this celebration is very necessary for the child to consolidate his Islamic identity, in addition to strengthening family ties.
Important ideas about Eid al-Adha
The educational advisor, Rana Al-Sayed, suggests many innovative ideas to be implemented by the family with the participation of children, which are:
- Decorate the house with a small and simple model related to Eid Al-Adha and the Holy Kaaba.
- To put or make a sheep of white cardboard and cotton, as a symbol of the sacrifice, without forgetting the colored balloons in the children’s bedrooms.
- The performance of the Eid prayer must be present and a priority for the family and explained in an enjoyable way so that the child can relax and be encouraged to perform it.
- Encourage children to listen to the Eid takbeers, either on television or over the phone, or to repeat them with them.
- Preparing Eid clothes involves a lot of enthusiasm among children as it makes them feel the joy of Eid.
- The addition of lights in the form of circles due to their distinctiveness and aesthetics.
- Also prepare Eid crackers in the shape of sheep or stars and moons, prepare sweets and dates made with dates and involve the child in the preparation process.
- Make Eid Cards Most children love to draw and color, and participating in it makes them feel excited and happy.
- Prepare gifts on the occasion of Eid al-Adha, which is the basic idea for the child who is eagerly waiting for it, because it is the “Eidiya”, so it is either toys or an envelope containing a small amount of money. Children feel joy and happiness when they get a gift because it reflects the spirit of the holiday.
- To take the children to visit people who have performed the rituals of Hajj because it makes them aware of the importance of Eid al-Adha.
- Taking a picnic is very important during the holidays, and the choice to spend a whole day outside for lunch in a restaurant, amusement park, in the park, or a wild excursion, and the most important thing is to to enjoy a special day with the children.
The meaning of Eid for a child
Social psychologist Natalia Mazraani points out that Eid al-Adha is the ideal opportunity to teach children noble values, the most important of which is to remember the duty of Muslims to the poor, needy, orphans and the sick, who participate in providing donations and food to the needy, and learn the value of tolerance, love and congratulation of Eid by visiting family and friends.
Certainly, the participation of children to play and have fun, and to learn the Sunnahs of Eid, including: tahleel, takbeer, supplication, dhikr, and wearing new clothes. These aspects are very important for the child and make him feel the joy of Eid.
Mazraani adds that the children should be made aware that the holiday is feeling for others and appreciating their feelings, and they should be taught to do good and feel for others.
The mother must explain the meaning of the festival to her child and tell him the story of the ram of our master Ibrahim, and the reason why it is called Eid al-Adha in connection with the sacrifice that is slaughtered to feed the poor, and she must also be eager to keep the festival a beautiful and unforgettable memory that can be documented by photographing family members.
The joy of Eid is complete with reunion
As soon as Eid al-Adha approaches, the father, Ali al-Shell, begins the necessary preparations to spend the most beautiful times with his family. He starts with the children arranging the house and hanging decorations and accessories that is in line with the Eid al-Adha decor. Then he buys everything needed for the Eid festival, and invites his family to join him for lunch.
Eid is an occasion to strengthen family ties, and joy is not complete without reunion, just as children do not feel joy and enthusiasm except when everyone comes home. So the boys did a number of entertaining recreational activities. Spending family time at home is one of the most enjoyable times for them, he says.
The spiritual value of the great festival
There is nothing more beautiful than a child who feels the joy of Eid. Here is the mother, Alissar Choucair, who is happy and happy to see her two sons helping her make sweets in preparation for the celebration of Eid al -Adha.
They are very excited to participate in the preparations, even in terms of decoration, they did not expect that they would enjoy placing balloons and candlesticks with some cardboards made in the shape of a sheep, and her eldest son is very happy to perform the Eid prayers in the mosque with his father, and after that they are eager to wear new clothes to be at the top of elegance and order.
Elissar tells Al-Jazeera Net that she is proud that they know the spiritual value of the festival, and they say that it is the great festival known for the sacrifice and the distribution of a part of it to the poor, and that the rituals of Hajj are performed in it and they live the joy of the festival and eagerly await the “Eidiya”.
She adds that she contributed to the children’s education by looking for their old clothes that are still good to give to poor children, thus making the meaning of giving and joy in the heart of every sad or orphaned child come to be realized .
She advises the mother not to light firecrackers, which poses a danger to the children, and thinks it is better to spend the money on useful things.