On New Year’s Eve… heinous crimes and therefore family celebrations turned into carnage

The festive season is considered one of the most dangerous seasons in terms of theft, crimes and terrorism as the roads are crowded and full of people, making it easy for the criminal to do what he did without attracting anyone’s attention.
Some believe it’s a gift for thugs to attack their victims, but what everyone doesn’t know is that the serial killer can’t stop himself from killing, so he doesn’t need to and can’t wait for the holiday season , and therefore crimes related to thugs do not stand up, but rather terrorists and criminals.
Here are some family crimes that took place on New Year’s Eve while welcoming in the New Year.

Christian Jose Gomez murder case

Maria Suarez Kasang, 48, lived with her two sons in a house in Oldsmar, Florida, a town not far from Tampa on the Gulf Coast, home to 13,000 people. At 7:30 on New Year’s Eve 2014, Kasang’s oldest son, Mario Gomez, called 911 after the 26-year-old made a gruesome discovery in the yard outside his home. And inside the trash in a garbage bag he found her head. Mr. Gomez was informed that his younger brother, the mentally deranged 23-year-old Cristian José Gomez, had killed their mother only a few minutes earlier, leaving the house on his bicycle.
That evening, a few blocks from the crime scene, police officers, after a brief foot chase, arrested Cristian Gomez. Simple things like loitering, loitering, resisting arrest without violence, and disorderly conduct.
In addition to his problems with the law, Cristian Gomez recently underwent psychiatric evaluation, and the psychiatrist who diagnosed him with schizophrenia prescribed an antipsychotic drug, but Gomez appears to have stopped taking his medication.
At the police station, Gomez calmly and matter-of-factly told investigators that he had been planning to kill his mother for two days, and when a detective asked why, the suspect explained that the victim had angered him with her constant whining about putting some boxes in the attic, and said he couldn’t take it anymore.
That night, in the garage, Gomez used an ax to decapitate his mother and then threw her head in the trash, and since it was too heavy to lift, he dragged her torso into the side yard and to a failed attempt to clean up the blood in the garage, riding his bike. His brother was home at the time of the murder, but had no idea what was going on.
District Attorney Cristian Gomez was charged with first-degree murder, and after officers booked the mentally ill man into the Pinellas County Jail but found him unfit to stand trial, Gomez, after being incarcerated in a mental hospital for three years was, declared mentally fit court, and in July 2018, Gomez pleaded guilty to 25 years in prison.

A teenager is accused of killing his family and a friend on New Year’s Eve

On New Year’s Eve 2017, during a family party, Scott Colgi, then 16, his 18-year-old sister, Brittany Colgi, their mother, 44-year-old Linda Colgi, and his father, Stephen Colgi. 42, killed and his grandfather’s girlfriend, 70-year-old Mary Schulz, of Ocean Township.
He pulled the trigger 14 times, and 12 of those shots hit the victims, and it was later revealed that he had researched whether the weapon he was using would be effective against the reaction of policemen wearing bulletproof vests.
Koelgi lured his mother upstairs and shot her dead from the darkness in his room, then shot his father as he ran to see what was going on, wearing earplugs to shield himself from the sound of the weapon, then slowly moved around them. corpses and walked downstairs before killing his grandfather’s girlfriend and sister, who were home for winter break after her first semester at college. His brother was also at home but survived the attack.
Kolgi’s lawyers argued in court on Thursday that their client’s serious mental illness prompted him to kill his family. The lawyers asked for a 30-year prison sentence. “He is a mentally ill child and he begged his mother for help and never got it,” defense. Emeka Nkou, lawyer said.
Testimony at the trial revealed that Kolgi’s mother did not want her son to tell his therapist that he was thinking about killing people because she was afraid he would be hospitalized.

Monmouth County Assistant District Attorney Sean Brennan responded: “These were evil acts carried out by someone who knew exactly what he was doing. He killed them because he could. He killed them because he wanted to.” Less than a sentence, or 127 years, before he is eligible for parole under the terms of New Jersey’s No Early Release Law.

Murder-suicide on New Year’s Eve

It was New Year’s Eve 2017 and families across the country were celebrating. Around 23:40, people have already started setting off fireworks and counting down to midnight. On the other hand, Sidney Ramis de Araújo was counting the minutes to carry out a massacre he had dreamed of for years.
Sidney Ramis de Araújo, 46, worked as a test technician and lived in Campinas, São Paulo, as did his 41-year-old ex-wife Izamara Villier and his 8-year-old son, Joao Victor.
Although he was described by neighbors as a quiet and friendly person, he was embroiled in a legal battle over his son for about four years after Izamara filed a police report against him for allegedly sexually abusing his child when the boy was about was 3 years old.
Joao Victor allegedly told his teachers that his father hurt him while his mother was at work and that he was in pain. That’s why the school called Izamara. According to Tatiana Ferreira, who was João Vitor’s first grade teacher, the boy did not love his father and intended to kill him in the future.
As a result, Sidney was only allowed to visit the child every other day from 09:00 to 12:00 under Izamara’s supervision, and was not given permission to pick him up from school.

Sydney could not bear the fact that he was not given custody of his son, and in 2013 he wrote in his diary that he wanted to kill Izamara.
Just before midnight, Sydney drove to the home of 44-year-old Lillian Ferreira, Izamara’s cousin, as he knew her family would be together on New Year’s Eve. He was in possession of a gun, a knife and ten explosives. As soon as he arrived, he parked his car in front of the house and jumped over the wall and started shooting indiscriminately. No one had a chance to defend themselves.
Sidney cursed and screamed as he searched the house for everyone, and when he entered the living room, he shot and killed seven people. Antonia Ferreira (62), Rafael Villier (33), Ana Luzia (52), Paulo de Almeida (61), Larissa Ferreira (24), Abdilla Ferreira (56) and Carolina de Oliveira (26), but her mother survived and carried her daughter’s child.
Lillian, Izamara’s 85-year-old grandmother, and Luzia Maya were also shot. Lillian died at home, while Luzia Maya was taken to hospital and succumbed to her injuries.
Izamara tried to hide in a bedroom with her 40-year-old son and cousin, but unfortunately they were not safe there, as were 15-year-old Gabriel Ferreira, Alessandra’s son, and Thiago Donato, 17-year-old son of Lillian .In the bathroom, and the gunman tried to storm the place.
Sidney shot Izamara and her cousin and reportedly said “I’ll kill you, you took my son” before shooting Izamara, and asked Joao Vitor “Why did you kill my mother?” He was shot in the head without receiving any response.
Joao Victor was the last victim before Sydney committed suicide in the same room. In total, 13 people died in what became known as the largest femicide in modern Brazilian history.

Leave a Comment