Posted on: Saturday 31 December 2022 – 20:20 | Last update: Saturday 31 December 2022 – 20:20
The Ministry of Tourism has launched many activities at the local and global level to stimulate tourism during the year 2022. We review the most prominent of them:
– The launch of the first edition of the Egyptian General Authority for Tourism Revitalization Cup for the yacht race in March.
– Participation with the Ministry of Culture in a number of events at archaeological sites, such as the celebration of the sun passing over the face of the statue of King Ramses II in the Abu Simbel Temple in February, the Dandara Festival of Music and singing in March, the Abydos Music Festival in March, the Tell Basta Festival in May, and the Suez Festival in May June, Alexandria Festival in August, Saladin Citadel International Music Festival and Singing in August, Hearing Religious Chanting Festival in September, Rashid Festival in September, and Arab Music Festival in September.
– Sponsor and host many local and international sports tournaments, festivals and events, for example: Luxor International Running Marathon – El Gouna International Wallball Championship – Egyptian International Open Platinum Wallball Championship – Egypt Desert Challenge Rally – Egypt Crossing Challenge Rally – El Gouna Rally – Pyramids Half Marathon – Cairo International Film Festival – Luxor African Film Festival – Aswan Women’s Festival – Alexandria Film Festival – International Drumming Festival for Singing and Sacred Music – International Festival of Culture and Arts – Miss World Tourism and Environment Competition – Birdwatching and Stargazing Festival in Port Said – International Forum for Arts with Disabilities Special “Awladna” – The International Exhibition for Hotel Supplies and Tourist Facilities HACE-Hotel Expo – The Maroon Five International Orchestra Concert in the Pyramids Region – The Pyramids Airshow 2022 in the Pyramids of Giza organized by the Ministry of Defence, far and today by the Air Force – Stefano Ricci’s Italian Fashion House Celebration of the Jubilee Golden for him in the Temple of Hatshepsut in Luxor – the Forever is Now exhibition on the pyramids plateau Disney On Ice shows.
A fashion show for the men’s collection of the French fashion house Dior in the Giza Pyramids.
Hold a number of events, such as an event celebrating the 200th anniversary of the birth of Egyptology at the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir in September, in addition to participating in an event celebrating the 100th anniversary of the discovery of Tutankhamun’s tomb in the Karnak Temple in Luxor in November.
– Participation as main supporter of the “Race for Peace” match in its third edition at the Olympic Stadium in Rome, under the patronage and presence of His Holiness Pope Francis, Pope of the Vatican, in November.
– Organization of an extensive lecture to promote Egyptian tourism at the Egyptian Academy of Art in Rome, in which dr. Khaled El-Anani, former Minister of Tourism and Antiquities, gave lectures in June, and organized two extensive public meetings to promote Egyptian tourism in Berlin and Munich, during which Dr. Zahi Hawass spoke in July.
– Participation in many international tourism exchanges and international and regional exhibitions, including London Tourism Exchange (WTM) in the United Kingdom – Berlin Tourism Exchange (ITB) in Germany – Madrid Tourism Exchange (FITUR) in Spain – Milan Tourism Exchange ( BIT) in Italy – Latin American Tourism Exchange (WTM Latin America) in Brazil – Arab Travel Market (ATM) in Dubai – Leisure and MITT Exhibitions in Moscow, Russia – IFTM Top Resa Exhibition in Paris, France – UTT – and UITM exhibitions in Kiev, Ukraine – TTG Rimini exhibition in Rimini and Eudi show in Bologna and the exhibition International Tourism IGTM specializing in golf tourism in Rome, Italy – International diving exhibition Dykmassan in Gothenburg, Sweden – USTOA exhibition in San Diego, USA – IMEX International Exhibition specializing in incentive tourism and conventions in Frankfurt, Germany, and IMEX America in Las Vegas.
The ministry also participated in two exhibitions in which Egypt was the partner country: the Belgrade International Tourism Fair (ITF) and the international tourism exhibition HUNGEXPO in Budapest, Hungary. It also participated in the Dubai Expo 2020 exhibition by displaying an artifact, a group. of reproductions of artefacts, materials and promotional films.
Procedures and activities to improve promotional efforts:
August 2022: Finalize contracting procedures with an international company specialized in the field of public relations and crisis management.
August 2022: Contracting with a specialized international company, “Twenty31”, to prepare a strategy for the city of St. Catherine to promote.
Production of a group of promotional and documentary films: including a documentary on the restoration of colors for the temples of Luxor, Karnak, Esna and Dendera, and a film on Saint Catherine (Land of Transfiguration).
International and regional cooperation
* The signing of a number of agreements and memorandums of understanding, including a memorandum of understanding between the Supreme Council of Antiquities and the Museum of African Civilizations at the Ministry of Culture in Senegal during January – a memorandum of understanding between the Supreme Council of Antiquities and the South Korean Cultural Heritage Authority in January – an executive program in the field of tourism between Egypt and the Sultanate of Oman in January – Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation in the establishment of a skills council for the tourism and hospitality sector in Egypt during March – Launch of the EBRD country strategy 2022-2027 In March – Framework Memorandum of Understanding for the project to convert museums and Egyptian world heritage sites to green and the use of solar energy between the Council The Supreme Council of Antiquities, the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) , the Industrial Modernization Centre (micro-solar systems project), the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization “UNESCO” and the Islamic World Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization “ISESCO” in November.
* Participation in the Egyptian-Omani Committee in Muscat in January – the first regional conference on “Combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism in investigations of crimes of art and antiquities” hosted by Egypt in June – the Regional Forum for the Protection of Heritage in Times of Crisis organized by the Arab Education, Culture and Science Organization (ALECSO) and the Ministry of Lebanese Culture in the Lebanese capital, Beirut, in June – The Fifth Conference on Egyptian Antiquities, held at the Faculty of History and Geography is at Complutense University in the Spanish capital, Madrid, in June – The second session of the “Evora” forum, held in October under the title “A World of Tourism” in Nîmes, France – The second summit meetings The 25th session of the International Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in November – the 25th session of the Arab Ministerial Tourism Council in December.
* Hosted the 48th meeting of the Middle East Committee and the conference on “Tourism Awareness and Rehabilitation of the Human Element: Towards a Sustainable Tourism Association” in March.
* Reception of a number of officials from international bodies and from some major markets, such as: the Saudi Minister of Culture – Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations and Executive Director of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, and director – General of the United Nations Headquarters in Vienna – British Secretary of State for North Africa and Central Asia, the Commonwealth and the United Nations – Chairman of the Committee for Culture, Tourism and Heritage in the French Senate – Minister of Hajj and Umrah in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – Iraqi Minister of Culture, Tourism and Antiquities.