Mothers feel joy, satisfaction and happiness when they see their children enjoying health, well-being and height commensurate with their age. They try to control most of their children’s nutritional needs..and monitor their sports activities..and pay attention to their outings outside the home..all of which are factors that affect the growth of the body and the height of the child.Today’s report about the schedule Normal child height for girls, excluding boys.. and explains the reasons for tall and short stature , with many details.. Interview with Dr. Magda Mostafa, Helwan University.
Table of ideal height for a girl
- The girl at birth is 49.9.
- 2.60 on 3 months.
- 6.66 at 6 months.
- 1.71 at 9 months.
- 75 at a year old.
- 5.84 at 2 years old.
- 9.93 at 3 years old.
- 101.6 at 4 years old.
- 108.4 at 5 years old.
- 114.6 at 6 years old.
- 120.4 at 7 years old.
- 125.2 at 8 years old.
- 132.2 at 9 years old.
- 138.3 at 10 years old.
- 142 at the age of 11.
- 148 at 12 years old.
Tips for achieving the perfect height for children
First: Support your child’s food with protein
- Protein is very important for increasing the weight and height of the child as well, and it is possible to calculate what the child needs daily by multiplying the current weight of your child by the number 7.5 grams, then you will have a number get what his average protein needs.
- Protein can be ensured for the child from white and red meat and dairy products, as well as vegetable proteins represented in legumes, especially lentils of all kinds, as well as peas, beans and peas.
- Learn more: How do you deal with excessive fear in your children?
Second: don’t go without calcium
- The golden benefits that calcium offers are many, because it strengthens the bones, and gives your child the ideal weight, and there is no substitute for yogurt, milk and natural dairy products on a daily basis for the child.
Vitamin D controls height
- One of the most important factors that control your child’s height is vitamin D, as it reduces the child’s incidence of osteoporosis, and its deficiency in the body causes dwarfism in children, and affects it during adolescence and puberty.
Third: the mother’s follow-up of her child’s height
- Following the child’s height from the moment of birth and taking care of it every month is one of the most important things that are useful in the early identification of some diseases that can affect your child and affect the child’s development in general .
- The length must also be followed every month; It reflects whether the child is developing normally or not.
- Where the doctor periodically measures the height of the child, as an essential part of the follow-up programme.
- The measurements are then written down to match the announced schedules, and compared to the readings for each month. To know the rate of increase in the child’s height.
The normal growth rate
- In length it is about 50 cm when it grows, and it can decrease to 45 cm, and it also increases to 60 cm.
- The average monthly increase until the sixth month is about 1.5 cm to 2.5 cm.
- From the age of six months until he completes a year, the increase is at a rate of 1 cm per month, and the monthly increase in the child’s height depends on the reading of the height at the time of birth.
- If it is large, the child is supposed to grow at a high rate, and so on.
- Learn more: Teach children Arabic letters in the picture
Factors affecting height
Genes: Heredity has a great influence on height, 60 to 80% of the difference in height is the result of genetic makeup, if both parents are short; Most of the time the boy or girl is also short in stature.
- Hormones: Human growth hormone helps determine a person’s height, and other related factors, no matter where a person lives, his growth in height will be stunted if he lacks this hormone.
- Pediatric endocrinology research suggests that growth hormone supplementation may help increase height in children with unexplained shortness.
Nutrition and diet affect height
- A healthy diet can help increase the height of the child. This diet should include essential nutrients, especially calcium, vitamin D and protein.
- Gender: Men are usually six inches taller than women, and good sleep helps promote natural growth hormones, so a child should get eight to ten hours of sleep each night.
- Also, the place where the child grows up can affect his height, in addition to the cleanliness of water, sanitation, nutrition, access to vaccinations and access to good health care, especially during childhood and pregnancy.
- There is an influence of the family environment, negative experiences and trauma; This can impair a child’s ability to grow, and research confirms that a supportive home environment is especially important for adequate growth in the teenage years, especially for girls.
Note from “Madam Net”: Before applying this recipe or treatment, you must consult a specialist.