Studying in South Korea for Saudis is a very important choice because of the comprehensive development that South Korea enjoys in all aspects of life, and this is reflected in the courses keeping up with the latest modern developments.
As a result, many people come to study in South Korea to study for a bachelor’s degree or complete postgraduate studies.
In this thread you will read about…
The main benefits of studying in South Korea for Saudis
South Korea is one of the very important countries around the world characterized by the quality of education and the great technological development, so it attracts many international students to study there:
- Comprehensive application of all educational quality standards in various medical, engineering, literary and administrative university disciplines.
- It includes an important group of the most important and famous international universities that are ranked in the top ranks among the best international universities in various university disciplines.
- One of the advantages of studying in South Korea for Saudi citizens is the low tuition cost compared to other fees at various European universities, which is no less important.
- Give students the opportunity to work part-time alongside their studies.
- The great security that international students enjoy without being exposed to any problems or harassment within South Korea, and the great emphasis by the Korean government on this matter of respecting the culture, customs and traditions of other peoples.
- The possibility to study various university majors in English without the slightest problems, or the possibility to learn and study the Korean language.
get to know me:
The most prominent terms in South Korea for the Saudis
- Certainly pass the general secondary certificate from one of the secondary schools in Saudi Arabia or other different countries, provided the certificate is documented and approved so that students can be accepted to enroll for the bachelor’s degree.
- In the case of studying in English, such as IELTS or TOEFL tests, international tests that prove the student’s skill in understanding the rules and texts of the English language must be passed. In the case of a desire to study in Korean, proof of proficiency in the Korean language must be submitted.
- Letter of recommendation requested by the university proving the good conduct and conduct of the student and praise from previous academic professors for the student during the various educational stages.
- Excellence and a high GPA in various subjects during the third year of secondary school, and these conditions vary from one university to another based on the type of university specialization Some universities do not accept a cumulative average of no less than 90%, especially medical and engineering majors.
Study in South Korea for free
To study in Korea for free, there are two ways, either through the official government scholarship of the Ministry of Higher Education in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, or through a free scholarship, and we will start with the grants first:
- The scholarship is available for students after high school to study for a bachelor’s degree or complete postgraduate studies and obtain a master’s and doctoral degrees.
- It is mainly required that the applicant for the scholarship can master the Korean language and achieve a high score in international tests for this language such as IELTS and TOEFL.
- The scholarship will be fully funded, including tuition fees, airfare, and the provision of a monthly stipend for the student, in addition to food, housing and beverages.
- The Korean scholarship for Saudis includes all specialties except for medical specialties such as dentistry, human medicine and pharmacy.
Scholarship in South Korea for Saudis
Saudi students can study in South Korea for free through the official government scholarship program.
The scholarship program of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia enables students to study in 13 different Korean universities in 5 Korean cities.
get to know me:
Scholarship universities in South Korea
- ulsan national institute of science and technology (unis)
- Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH)
- Korea University
- Hanyang University
- Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU)
- Sejong University
- Kyung Hee University
- Yonsei University
- Seoul National University
- Pusan National University
- Dongseo University
- Dong-A University
- KAIST Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
You can learn about the requirements of Korean universities within the scholarship program of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, the conditions required for scholarships, and how to apply by visiting this page.
Majors available for scholarships in South Korea
There are hundreds of majors available within the external scholarship program in South Korea for Saudi students, and among the majors available for study within the scholarship track:
- Fisheries Science.
- Chemical engineering.
- Tourism management.
- Engineering management.
- Aerospace Engineering.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Programming and computer science.
- Environmental Health Sciences.
- General neighborhoods.
- General economics.
- Food manufacturing engineering.
- Interior design.
- civil engineering.
- electronic Engineering.
- Dry cultivation.
A guide to the specializations available for study within the scholarship path, which we talked about fully in a previous article, and you can see all specializations about scholarships in South Korea by visiting the article → → Specializations of the Saudi scholarship student in South Korea.
Accredited Korean Universities in Saudi Arabia
The universities in the previous lines are the universities included in the official Saudi scholarship program in South Korea.
In the same context, there are many accredited Korean universities in which students can pursue studies on their own or through a free scholarship.
The list of universities officially recognized and accredited by the Saudi Ministry of Higher Education, which we previously knew, and you can check it by visiting this article → → List of Korean universities officially accredited in Saudi Arabia.
The best universities in South Korea
There are many important universities in South Korea that receive international students from different countries of the world, such as Saudis, to obtain a bachelor’s degree or complete postgraduate studies:
Seoul National University
- One of the most important universities to study in South Korea for Saudis was established in 1946 AD.
- It is ranked 29 among the best universities in the world.
- Every year it receives a very large number of international students to study various university majors from all countries of the world.
Pohang University of Science and Technology
- An important Korean university specializing in engineering and technological sciences.
- For the year 2022, it was ranked 33rd among the best universities in the world in engineering and technology disciplines.
Korea Institute of Science and Technology
- One of the first scientific and research institutions established in 1971 AD in South Korea.
- It is ranked 41st among the best educational dates around the world for the year 2022 AD.
- One of the most famous universities to study in South Korea for Saudis.
- One of the oldest universities in South Korea, founded in 1885 AD.
- It occupies a prestigious world ranking for the year 2022, ranking 73 among the best universities in the world.
- It includes a lot of research work and medical laboratories for students to enroll at the undergraduate level or complete postgraduate studies.
get to know me:
- One of the most important universities in South Korea, established in 1905 AD.
- It has been ranked among the top 80 universities across the world for the year 2022 AD.
The cost of studying in South Korea
Tuition fees in Korea vary from one university to another, and the fees vary according to the chosen program. Furthermore, the fees at the undergraduate stage differ from the postgraduate stage.
Generally, tuition fees in South Korea start from $2,500 to $5,000 per semester during undergraduate or bachelor studies.
On the other hand, tuition fees for graduate studies such as master’s and doctoral degrees in South Korean universities start from $3,000 to $7,000 per semester.
In order to obtain detailed information on the cost of studying at South Korean universities, the student should contact the university in which he wishes to study, and inquire about the fees for the study program in which he wishes to pursue his studies, either at the undergraduate or postgraduate shallow.
What are the acceptance rates for Korean universities?
Acceptance rates in Korean universities vary from one university to another. Acceptance rates also vary according to the specialization to be studied.
In general, students must achieve an average of no less than 70% in high school in the event of a desire to enroll in literary majors. Scientific majors such as medicine and engineering require a sum of more than this, and this depends on the university in which the student intends to study.
When do you start studying in South Korea?
Study in South Korea starts in March every year, but there are many universities that receive new students twice a year, once in March and once in September.
Is it hard to study in Korea?
Difficulty and ease vary from person to person, but if the study is in the English language, the study is not difficult, but if the study is in the Korean language, the student will have to master the Korean language first so that the study process is easy for the student.
University Admission in South Korea